Spredfast is seeking a social media strategist to add to our growing professional services team. The mission of a social media strategist is to lead and grow large accounts for our Spredfast customers and their community management teams.
The ideal candidate is a mix of community management expert, account planner, and data lover who can counsel Spredfast customers on best practices, social media thought leadership and can map a path to success that aligns with business and communications goals and objectives. On top of it all, the successful candidate will have solid people management skills with demonstrated success in building employee relationships and thriving teams.
The successful candidate embraces a fast-paced work environment and is interested in supporting customers from a wide-range of industries. A deep understanding of social media and major networks is key, as is a sense of curiosity and a “can-do” attitude. The social strategist will be a manager and mentor to team members; proactively identifying ways to improve themselves and the team around them.
- Effectively manage customers on a day-to-day level while keeping an eye on long-term vision for goals and growth for community management programs
- Monitor and manage customers’ brands across all major social networks and actively mine social conversations for relevant insights and opportunities to engage
- Review and provide input on measurement and analytics reports
- Inform the roadmap of Spredfast care products, and be an internal resource for community management programs at Spredfast
- Answer customer inquiries competently and efficiently, coordinating with internal teams when necessary
- Consult on social media strategies for Spredfast customers and new business pitches as needed
- Provide strategic counsel to customers on best practices for organic and paid social programs across all major networks
- Manage and mentor social media managers and coordinators by facilitating opportunities to grow and accomplish established goals
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years experience in communications, social media marketing, community management, social measurement, or related field
- Agency background preferred
- Strong familiarity with key social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Passionate about all things social; demonstrate an eagerness to learn and share best practices, new trends, and major developments in the social space
- Enthusiasm for and willingness to grow in all facets of social media management including marketing, social care, content strategy, content creation, measurement, and account management
- Ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and resolve complicated issues independently
- Works well within highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams with many moving parts; highly developed sense of teamwork is a necessity
- Excellent project management and organization skills; ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize based on customer needs
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills; ability to think critically about content in context of brand messaging, goals, and voice
- Ability to manage multiple personalities and communication styles, empathize with team members, and successfully navigate interpersonal communication to create and maintain a positive team environment
- Outstanding oral, written, and presentation skills required
- Proven fluency in all commonly used business software (i.e. Word, PPT, Excel, etc.)
- Bilingual Spanish/English or other languages is a plus
- Moderate travel will be required
- Some weekend or evening oversight on community management projects may be required on occasion.
The Perks at Spredfast
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and 401K benefits
- Flexible paid time off
- Fresh, healthy lunches catered four days a week
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
Spredfast is a social software company and platform, headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in New York City, London, Hamburg, and Sydney, that seeks to connect every company in the world with the people that they care about the most. Spredfast’s “Smart Social” software enables companies to manage, integrate, and amplify social content across any digital touch point. With global reach, Spredfast customers have managed more than one billion social connections across 84 countries. Today, Spredfast helps more than fifty percent of Interbrand’s 2015 World’s Best Brands to create first-class social experiences.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Spredfast, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Spredfast via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Spredfast. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Spredfast as a result of the referral or through other means.
Notice to Applicants:
We reserve the right to research relevant facts about you which are public on social media platforms or other sources over the Internet. We will retain such data only as long as reasonably needed.