Social Media Strategist
Khoros is seeking a social media Strategist to add to our growing professional services team. The mission of a Strategist is to provide Khoros customers with specialized expertise and support to unlock the most value possible from their social programs and the Khoros platform.
For this specific role, the ideal candidate is a mix of team lead, project manager, social care expert, and analyst who can counsel Khoros customers on best practices, social media thought leadership and can map a path to success that aligns with business and communications goals and objectives. The successful candidate embraces a fast-paced work environment and is interested in supporting customers from a wide-range of industries. A deep understanding of social media and major networks is key, as is a sense of curiosity and a "can-do" attitude. The social strategist will be a manager and mentor to team members; proactively identifying ways to improve themselves and the team around them. This social media strategist will report to the director of strategy and work closely with sales, professional services, and creative teams.
What you'll be doing:
- Effectively manage account teams and advise customers on a day-to-day level while keeping an eye on long-term vision for goals and growth.
- Provide strategic counsel to customers on best practices for organic and paid social programs across all major networks.
- Provide insights from social conversations for relevant insights and opportunities to engage.
- Schedule staffing resources to ensure consistent coverage on accounts.
- Answer customer inquiries competently and efficiently, coordinating with internal teams when necessary.
- Guide analysts and strategists with the coaching necessary to plan, forecast, and report on social media marketing and care programs. Manage outcomes against a set of defined business goals and KPIs.
- Review and analyze paid and organic content for optimization and strategic opportunities to improve.
- Manage and mentor associate strategists and social media coordinators by facilitating opportunities to grow and accomplish professional goals.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years in the social media space or equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Candidates ideally have former agency or big brand experience.
- Strong familiarity with key social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Snapchat.
- Experience working with advertising platforms across the major social networks.
- Passionate about all things social; demonstrate an eagerness to learn and share best practices, new trends, and major developments in the social space.
- Enthusiasm for and willingness to grow in all facets of social media management including marketing, social care, paid social, content strategy, content creation, measurement, and account management.
- Ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and resolve complicated issues independently, even with little initial information.
- Demonstrate initiative and independence, is consistent and dependable.
- Willingness to go the extra mile to help a teammate, customer, or community member.
- Works well within highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams with many moving parts; highly developed sense of teamwork is a necessity.
- Excellent project management and organization skills; ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize based on customer needs
- Ability to manage and analyze large data sets, work in Excel, and create and build meaningful charts and reports.
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills; ability to think critically about content in context of brand messaging, goals, and voice.
- Ability to manage multiple personalities and communication styles, empathize with team members, and successfully navigate interpersonal communication to create and maintain a positive team environment.
- Outstanding oral, written, and presentation skills required.
- Regulated industries experienced is a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish/English or other languages is a plus.
- Minimal travel may be required.
- Occasional evening and weekend coverage may be required.