BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a highly-motivated Sr. Manager, Strategic Partnerships with expertise and passion This role will have an incredible impact on the ongoing success of the Strategic Business Development (SBD) team, build merchant value through best-in-class partnerships, and to drive the future innovation in revenue generation at BigCommerce. This position will be responsible for the vision and success of our Back-office partner ecosystem including ERPs, PIMs, iPaaS, and also lead a small team of ERP Business Consultants that own the day-to-day partner/VAR relationship.
This position can be performed in Austin, TX or remotely, depending upon which location the applicant chosen for the role is currently residing. The candidate must live within the US.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the strategy to grow our fastest-growing and revenue (MRR) generating strategic partnerships in the ERP vertical.
- Be a thought-leader and SME, both internally and externally, on back office solutions passionate about the eCommerce industry
- Identify, acquire, and onboard new partners to continually mature the quality of the back office portfolio of partnerships
- Optimally run mutual lead generation processes by collaborating effectively with Partner Marketing and Merchant Success teams.
- Develop and maintain accurate reports including pipeline, forecast, leads, opportunities and closed won reports.
- Work closely with the SBD leadership team to identify areas of strategic growth potential, using their experience and category expertise to guide prospecting and partnership development.
- Launch, lead, and grow the co-sell and resell engagement with the growing VAR network of our ERP/back office partners.
- Lead and grow a hard-working team (2-3)nts, while building the foundation for future growth
- Travel as needed to prospect for new partners and meet with partners to develop strong, successful relationships.
Who You Are
- Channel Management Experience: 8+ years experience leading partners (ideally in ecommerce) and coordinating and crafting integration co-marketing programs to drive merchant awareness and revenue growth in a high volume, fast-paced environment. Plus 3+ years management experience.
- Back office savvy - You have experience in this vertical, specifically working with ERP, PIM, and OMS ecosystems.
- Strategic - You thrive with challenges, are agile, possess a phenomenal amount of perspective and have a clear vision, tolerance for risk, and ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
- Master Negotiator - You are a phenomenal salesperson who will be the role-model of excellence for the team. Your experience will allow you and others to strategically negotiate wins internally and externally while maintaining positive relationships.
- Strong Business Focus - You're proficient and outspoken on processes and tools required to build scaled success. You’re experienced in aligning partner motivations with desired business outcomes to build creative programs that drive Partner + BigC important metrics.
- Master Communicator - You provide the information to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client / partner relationship skills are critical.
- Creativity - Creative solution designer and seller, aligning partner motivations and critical metrics to build and implement successful, mutually profitable programs.
- Collaboration - Collaborative cross-functional player/mentor
- Comfortable using technology - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. Knowledge of Salesforce is a plus.