As a Sr Marketing Manager for the Public Sector, you'll be helping to craft the business strategy for our enterprise customers within the Public Sector vertical (Federal, State & Local governments and Education).
We are looking for a marketer who can tailor and own the Coder message to governments, agencies, and education institutions. This person will work closely with marketing as well as our Public Sector group within Coder to create and execute programs, define and develop personas, and tailor the Coder message to our public sector audiences. Ability to influence, partner with cross-functional teams, encourage and deliver results are key
- Work alongside our Public Sector Sales team, cultivate relationships with stakeholders in government to better understand the government buyer personas and build our position as an inspiring leader in the space
- Use a combination of data to drive marketing strategy and plans, and being able to tell the stories of what contributes to success with our customers
- Integrated marketing: Ability to build and execute end-to-end campaigns, measure and review results and adjust as needed.
- Work with across sales, and marketing to understand and operationalize our public sector go-to-market plans, aligning those plans with the commercially-focused areas of the business
- Adapt digital and content marketing programs to the needs of the public sector sales team
- Craft a compelling story for how Coder’s solution uniquely addresses common pain points in Government and Education
- Represent landed marketing activity and resources for seller action; communicate customer insights from marketing investment and consumption of marketing programs.
- Ensure a strong connection between marketing calls-to-action and sales follow-up that drives net-new opportunities and pipeline.
- Participate in analyzing our top deals to help target future marketing; participate in and provide input into monthly business reviews.
- Work alongside the marketing team to craft sales collateral, including slide decks, whitepapers, and one-pagers, that are tailored to public sector and on-brand and on-message for Coder
- Represent the voice of the customer to marketing and product teams to ensure a consistent, relevant customer experience and align priorities and goals
- Partner with engineering, product, and customer success teams to clearly communicate the need for government-specific features, solutions, and partnerships
- Advance our thought leadership around topics that resonate with the government audience
- Engage in Public Sector Associations to drive awareness and campaigns to meet Government initiatives
- Work with marketing to sponsor the right events to helping to book space for meetups to making sure an event booth is staffed, and making sure every aspect of our events are well organized.
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- 6+ years of experience in B2B enterprise product marketing, in a global Public Sector/Government role where you handled software solutions.
- Experience marketing to public sector organizations, relationship and executive programs, and in digital marketing is strongly recommended.
- This position requires demonstrating adaptability, leadership, effective collaboration skills, a strong track record of working with enterprise sales teams, customer obsession, drive for results, analyzing key insights that link marketing execution to business outcomes, social media experience and acumen, and ability to learn/share the value proposition of Coder’s technical solutions.
- Experience using data as a specialist on government and agency buyers
- Demonstrated history of building conviction and a strong point of view, built on a deep understanding of public sector, segments, products and competitive landscapes
- Track record of adapting an overall marketing message to diverse groups of customers, highlighting key customer pain points and the ability to solve those across cloud products
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships and collaborate productively with key teams including Product Management, Campaign Marketing, PR, and Program/Project Management
- Ability to focus on results while never losing sight of the strategy
- High level of comfort with ambiguity and fluid priorities; ability to manage multiple and complex priorities
- Extensive network of Trade Publications, Industry Associations, Conferences, Exhibitions and Events in the Washington DC area and National Capital Region
- Past experience of working with the Hill is a bonus.
- Start up experience is a huge plus!!
We believe that the interview process should be consistent and enjoyable. We prefer to have the entire process take no more than 3 full weeks. During these 3 weeks you will be able to meet a mix of individual contributors, managers, and one of our Co-Founders. If you interview for a position that requires a take home assessment, we will compensate you for your work and time spent.
What Makes Coder Different?
Coder is an engineering-first organization. Our product is built by engineers, for engineers. We’re committed to building an organization and product optimized for engineering happiness. You can expect a fast-paced workflow and minimal meetings. Coder is a remote first company with our HQ in Austin, TX. 🤠
Our basic requirements for employment are:
- A passion for your craft
- A desire to be successful
If you do not meet the above criteria, but still believe that you can deliver results, please write a brief description detailing how you intend to do that
Read Full Job Description