Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Network Services at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Network Services
Cloudflare is looking for an experienced product marketer to join our network security product marketing team. This is a high-impact, results-oriented role, where you will work directly with Sales, Product Management, and Marketing to take new products to market and develop messaging and campaigns that drive acquisition and expansion.
The network security portfolio consists of Magic Transit, Magic Firewall, Magic WAN, Cloud IDS/IPS, Argo and Spectrum. Successful candidates will have a passion for helping to build a better Internet by enabling organizations to improve their network security. You will have a drive to understand customer needs, dig into product details, and elevate our messaging to deliver solution-oriented, breakthrough initiatives. You will enjoy this role if you like working with fast-paced teams and having autonomy to drive your initiatives.
This role is a part of our Product Marketing team and reports into our leader for Network Services Product Marketing. This will be a highly visible leadership role within the organization, which will have a significant impact on the long-term growth of the fast-growing Cloudflare business.
- Own go-to-market activities for network services products.
- Develop messaging that proves Cloudflare’s differentiation in network services/network security as a service.
- Understand and exploit the weaknesses of both box vendors as well as cloud providers in networking/network security.
- Partner with demand generation and expansion marketing teams to generate pipeline and revenue for the network services portfolio.
- Partner with communications and analyst relations teams to establish Cloudflare as a leader in network services/network security.
- Be the voice of the product to the entire marketing team. Be the voice of the marketing team to product management and CTO organization.
- Drive high-visibility product launches to demonstrate innovation and ultimately drive new revenue.
- Lead the development of compelling and easy to implement sales plays to target this market.
- Evangelize Cloudflare products to analysts, prospects, and customers—in meetings, webinars, conferences and tradeshows.
- Be a top speaker for Cloudflare.
- 8+ years of experience in product marketing/product management in networking, security, and/or in a service provider.
- Significant experience in B2B technology marketing with a keen understanding of the Internet ecosystem and technical audiences.
- Experience at one or more network security vendors. Knowledge of TCP/IP, Internet Routing, SDN, MPLS, SD-WAN, Firewalls, Threat intelligence, MITRE, and the Cyber Kill Chain.
- Experience positioning technical products to both technical users and economic decision makers
- Excellent written and presentation skills. This role demands someone who is gifted in their ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders, including product management, sales, comms, and marketing.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and navigate unforeseen obstacles gracefully.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative cloud services company.
- BS/BA degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering, or related field
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location. For Colorado-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $167,000 - $204,000.
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
220.127.116.11: We released 18.104.22.168 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.