Sr. Product Marketing Manager - SaaS at SailPoint
As the IdentityNow Product Marketing Manager, you will serve as the marketing focal point for SailPoint’s market-leading IdentityNow SaaS solution by driving marketing strategies, positioning, and outbound activities that contribute to pipeline development. In this role, you will identify key market trends and opportunities that can be addressed with SailPoint’s AI-driven identity governance solutions and define go-to-market strategies, messaging, positioning and tactics that is executed upon by a cross functional team. In this role you will craft compelling content and tools that will be used for sales and channel enablement, demand generation, thought leadership, field marketing, and customer marketing.
To be successful in this role you must have experience and success in driving product marketing for other enterprise-level SaaS solutions. In addition you will need to possess strong story-telling, communications, writing, and interpersonal skills. In addition, experience and understanding of enterprise software buying cycles and mapping buyer’s journeys will be key. These skills then fuel your ability to be a key evangelist and marketer, demonstrating the value that SailPoint provides to organizations world-wide.
SailPoint continues to innovate at a rapid pace, therefore, the ideal candidate will thrive by moving and thinking rapidly with an attention to detail and a sharp eye for quality. The candidate will be able to clearly articulate the most complex technical concepts in simple terms that make sense to customers of all technical and non-technical levels.
The IdentityNow Product Marketing Manager must be comfortable working closely with a cross-functional team and across business units including sales, sales engineering, product management, services, and marketing, as well as with prospects, customers, partners, and analysts.
Note: This position is based in Austin, TX and reports to the Sr. Director of Product Marketing. All candidates will be asked for writing artifacts to showcase their own voice and writing styles. In addition, this process may require you to complete a candidate writing assignment.
- Understand buying cycles and define buyer personas
- Craft compelling messaging and positioning that addresses a buyer’s needs and invokes the desire to engage
- Translate messaging into meaningful and contextual benefits that feed into the development of creative presentations, demonstrations, collateral, blogs, white papers, and positioning documents
- Develop sales plays and enablement tools focused on helping internal, field sales teams, and channel partners understand target markets and buyers, buyer personas, pains points, and key messages
- Develop cross product programs and initiatives that will drive further market penetration
- Gather and analyze competitive data to infuse content with messaging that is clear and communicates our key differentiators
- Act as an evangelist to market influencers, industry analysts, prospects, and customers at tradeshows, industry events, and conferences
- 5+ years of experience on high-performing product marketing teams focused on enterprise software
- 2 - 4 years experience successfully marketing SaaS solutions
- Experienced at successfully multi-tasking a variety of critical priorities
- Demonstrated success in driving go-to-market strategy and launches for market-leading products
- Experience in performing as a leader by influencing and managing cross-functional teams
- Self-starter who is experienced in successfully taking a project from concept to execution
- Strong project/program management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into easy to consume business value
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and communication skills
- Security software experience
MBA or equivalent preferred; BA/BS required
This position requires approximately 25% travel
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.