Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organisations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet, cloud and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers work together to identify problems before it impacts revenue, damages brand reputation, or halts employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
What you’ll do
ThousandEyes is looking for an exceptional Product Marketing Manager to join our world-class Product Marketing organization, disrupting the multi-billion dollar network performance and analytics market.
The ideal candidate is passionate about technology, has a proven track record driving innovative products in hyper-growth markets. You combine technical aptitude with business acumen, developing compelling product and industry narratives, using strong communications skills and analytics-based arguments. You are detail-oriented, metrics-driven, and unwilling to settle for mediocrity. And you are an inspiration to your constituents inside and outside the organization in bringing your vision to life. You will join a group of original thinkers and innovators, working tirelessly to deliver exceptional value to customers at the cutting edge of digital transformation to Cloud, SaaS, SD-WAN, and Internet-centric operations.
This role is your opportunity to make a material impact in a company at the forefront of a global technology adoption shift. You will be empowered to do amazing things, surrounded by a team of smart and creative innovators. This position reports to ThousandEyes' Head of Product Marketing, based in San Francisco, CA.
- 5+ years of experience in Product Marketing for enterprise software companies
- Experience managing multiple products, audiences and verticals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Social and Emotional IQ –ability to effectively listen, communicate, and manage expectations all levels (down, peer, up) and political savviness (corporate agility)
- Develop and execute go-to-market plans and ensure internal organizational readiness
- Strong ability to understand enterprise business needs and customize stories
- Proven experience presenting to C-level customers, as well as to analysts and media
- Ability to adapt messages for different audiences and continue to drive results in a fast-changing environment
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative and high-growth technology environment
- Background in software critical, with experience in Enterprise SaaS
- Travel: up to 20% of the time, domestically and internationally (post Covid)
- Develop and maintain a powerful messaging platform for ThousandEyes that creates differentiation in the market; ensure that these messages are an intrinsic part of the product brand and messages put forth by the company
- Act as the product and segment expert for the rest of the ThousandEyes, as well as other strategic Cisco business units, to execute successful marketing programs
- Drive development of effective product collateral, including white papers, website content, case studies, data sheets and presentations for outbound communication, demand generation and sales efforts
- Work closely with product management to ensure current and emerging market requirements are represented in product roadmaps and releases
- Design highly effective sales enablement tools for use by the ThousandEyes and Cisco sales team and channel partners
- Support sales in presenting our value proposition to key customers and at the executive visitor center
- Analyze competitive offerings and develop positioning of our differentiators
- Develop the metrics to measure success for each ThousandEyes offerings
- Be a strong advocate and spokesperson for ThousandEyes in blogs, industry forums, AR/PR activities and other relationships
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool