Sr SEM Analyst, Performance at Expedia Group
Are you driven to succeed by exceeding expectations? Do you have a passion for details and creating results from ambiguity? Would you like to be a part of a team that impacts SEM global performance? Do you bring data into conversations to influence high level decisions?
An opportunity has arisen at HomeAway for a Sr. SEM Analyst, Performance to join our Growth Marketing team, reporting to the Director, SEM Americas
As a global role, you will target the SEM market and our performance within it. The primary focus of this role is to explain and anticipate changes in the marketing auctions across search providers whether those changes are due to competitor shifts, mix shifts in incoming traffic or other site or behavioral changes. In addition to keeping a finger on the pulse of the Americas markets this role will establish a frame work to test and improve SEM implementation across the worldwide automated SEM build. This would suite an applicant who loves data and is adept and breaking down drivers of change and presenting findings to executives and other non-experts.
You will focus on maximizing revenue via SEM optimization for all the HomeAway brands. This role would suit an experienced Analyst within the performance marketing space, looking to make their mark in an innovative and growing tech company.What You'll Do
- Research and understand global travel trends for vacation rentals.
- Analysis SEM performance across the globe
- Become the point person in SEM to elaborate trends and happenings
- Use big data methodologies and test methodologies to discover which approach should be iterated on and which should be left.
- Provide insight & suggest strategy to the SEM team
- Ability to self-serve data to support analysis – background in some form of SQL preferred
- Ability to summarize and present findings in layman terms even when the process to come to these findings is complex
- Data driven decision making, you look to the data first to support or refute hypothesis
- Experience in complex data interactions and large data sets required
- Experience in performance marketing preferred, but not required.
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.