The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is establishing a new and exciting Strategic Account Marketing function to help drive significant business growth in our top accounts. Backed by senior leadership, you will help build this function as one of the first hires, apply your business leadership and marketing acumen in managing large marketing programs (including significant business scope and budget), and be empowered to work with the entire Account team to drive monumental growth for the company as a whole.Ideal Candidate Profile
The Strategic Account Marketing Manager will be expected to have a deep understanding of a small set of assigned accounts, drive the marketing strategy and programs that drive new business unit expansion and accelerate deal velocity. Your programs will help identify and nurture new teams, champions and opportunities. You’ll work closely with the account-based marketing, partner marketing, customer marketing, demand generation and developer advocacy teams to ensure delivery of a holistic marketing strategy within the account.
You are a highly strategic, results driven marketer, leveraging data to justify every decision and bring urgency to lead flow. As a team player, you’re able to roll up your sleeves and get the job done!
The role will report into the Director, Strategic Account Marketing.Candidate Profile
Our ideal candidate for this role will have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of account management/marketing experience in a software technology company
- Experience working with large and complex enterprise accounts across multiple verticals, proven success record with accelerating and closing deals
- Experience with strategic 1:1 account based marketing, portfolio of experience will be reviewed
- Highly results-driven with strong analytical ability
- Experience working cross functionally with enterprise or corporate sales or customer success teams
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Google Suite for Business
- Familiarity with CRM, Marketing Automation and Data systems; Salesforce, 6sense, Eloqua and Tableau experience
- Time management, prioritization, and organizational skills are key
- Ability to shift priorities and help other team members as needed
- Good humor and positive, can-do attitude is required
- In close collaboration with the ABM Center of Excellence, you will establish a robust marketing plan for each of your accounts and manage a significant marketing budget to meet the accounts business objective
- Uncover and understand specific challenges of the accounts, discover the decision-making process and key personas in the organization to support programming and create relevant messaging strategies to achieve them
- Understand the needs of an emerging business unit and develop programs and campaigns to drive top of funnel awareness and bottom funnel conversions
- Ensure consistency of company priorities through brand strategy and messaging in materials and communication
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams when creating new and updating existing materials, presentations and/or preparing for marketing activations
- Communicate and educate the sales team regarding new and planned marketing activities including global, regional, and local programs
- Ensure performance and ROI are tracked, and support processes set up to effectively measure outcomes
- Work closely with the xDR teams to ensure rigorous follow up of all marketing leads within your assigned accounts
- Support our flagship event, MongoDB World
- Flexible working environment through at least September 2021
- When travel resumes, up to 30-50% travel to domestic markets
The Pod Marketing Manager will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks/responsibilities:
- In 3 months you’ll have fostered a relationship with your POD Account Executives, understand their top account priorities, begin planning marketing programs, and ramp on current account status
- In 6 months you’ll have a clear understanding of your key objectives, have executed marketing activities with pipeline influence, and have started to become a trusted partner to your account stakeholders
- In 12 months you’ll have cemented yourself as a key account partner, be fully ramped and actioning against all account objectives
This role is remote optional until January 10, 2022, we are looking to speak to candidates who plan to be available in Austin, New York City and San Francisco office or remote for when we introduce our hybrid model.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.