The Academic & Nonprofits team is looking for a Unity specialist and content creator to join us to encourage and raise awareness about Unity.
The role involves helping academic and nonprofit communities discover and understand new features which are being released and explaining them in a straightforward and accurate way through live demonstrations, webinars, game jams, demo videos and blog posts.
You should be someone who has developed projects in Unity, understands the academic space, and is passionate about helping this community to be more successful.
The ability to speak and present to an audience in an engaging way is important, therefore candidates with experience in teaching, public speaking or stage performance are encouraged to apply.
Some of our content is released in video form so experience with video production, animation and audio recording is also important. Experience with live streaming or YouTube content production and marketing is also very important to the role.
What you will be doing
- Planning, writing and communicating demo and/or training content in order to demonstrate Unity features including art, code and audio
- Staying ahead of Unity features and changes by regularly trying new features from Alpha and Beta builds
- Maintaining a regular customer facing profile on community sites and social media
- Supporting game jams and similar interactive learning methods
- Advising on nonprofit grants
What we are looking for
- A passion for Unity and a portfolio demonstrating experience in developing interactive 2D & 3D Unity projects using a variety of features & systems
- Intermediate ability to code in C#
- Proven communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work autonomously delivering high quality content on a fast paced, deadline driven team in a globally distributed organization across multiple time zones.
- Strong online presence and proven skills via social media, blogs and other online communication platforms
You might also have
- Video production (filming, recording audio, lighting) and post-production skills (Editing, animation, audio mixing)
- Experience as an educator, trainer, online content creator or working with University faculty
- Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish or French
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.