Technical Marketing Engineer
LogicMonitor is looking for a Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) who will work as a part of product marketing. You will join a fun, fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to ensure that monitoring solutions we bring to market are successful in a wide variety of customer engagements and deliver on the company's vision and strategy.
The TME will be a technical expert with the ability to clearly articulate the differentiators of the LogicMonitor SaaS-based infrastructure performance monitoring platform, and develop and demonstrate use cases across multiple customer segments in conjunction with technology alliance partners. This role will work closely with the Product Management team to support platform integrations with 3rd party technology solutions, provide research and input on the platform roadmap, and work closely with Sales Engineering to create technical content to accelerate sales opportunities. This role will be key in helping establish LM as a thought leader in IT Operations by developing product demos, writing blogs and white papers, developing webinar content and more. Growth opportunities include Product Management, Sales Engineering, TechOps, and Senior Marketing management.
Here's a closer look at your duties in this key role:
- Develop and deliver outbound technical content aligned to LogicMonitor's current platform, roadmap and ITOps/DevOps market trends. Includes developing a technical editorial calendar for the LM blog that promotes LogicMonitor's workflow integrations, technology use cases and includes leveraging customer and technology alliance partners to contribute blog posts
- Manage beta testing of workflow integration partnership code and support launch
- Maintain Code Labs – a repository for community-based, community-sourced workflow integrations that interoperate with LogicMonitor's platform
- Develop and present materials to internal stakeholders for GTM planning, engagement, product development requirements, competitive updates, etc.
- Support product launch activities and assist with tradeshows, conferences and technical sales training or technology alliance partner training
- Assist with Technical RFPs and work with a cross functional team of Product Managers, Engineers & Marketing team as needed
- Prepare and document product plans, presentations for customer and public use in customer meetings and events with activities that may include product on-site demonstration, commercial events, testing sites, testing 'shoot-outs', benchmarks, stressing product strengths, supporting standard R & D Engineering applications and software development tools, integrating & testing product interfaces for integration and deployment.
- Some travel required to support field and marketing activities
- Conduct market and competitive analysis
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree a plus
- 4+ years' experience in System Engineering
- Domain experience working with any of the following technologies/areas: infrastructure, monitoring solutions, virtualization, cloud computing, containers, container orchestration; code/infrastructure as a service, etc.
- Demonstrated success working with customers and partners in a sales, business development or product marketing role
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with common desktop apps (including Keynote, Google Suite and Microsoft Office suite)