Technical Product Marketing Manager
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We hold our company culture near and dear – it represents an intermix between passion for rock star work output and passion for an active, healthy life centered around family and friends. LogicMonitor represents community, collaboration and camaraderie.
Located in the 500 West 2nd Street tower, our brand-new Austin office is best-in-class! Be inspired with panoramic downtown & Lady Bird Lake views, where snacks are plentiful and team outings are common. Our offices are sprinkled around the globe, too, with our headquarters in Santa Barbara, California and offices in London, Singapore, and Chengdu, China.
What You'll Do:
As part of the LogicMonitor Marketing team, the Technical Product Marketing Manager (PMM) will act as an integrated marketing resource to help define strategy, scope, implement, train on and roll out marketing and product initiatives. In this position, you will create content and assets that support the customer journey from discovery to research, evaluation (demo/free trial), purchase and advocacy (post-implementation). You will also collaborate with Product Management and other teams to pursue technology partnerships (integrations) that enable more streamlined IT Ops workflows or otherwise enable a more streamlined IT service management experience to customers.
Here's a closer look at this key role:
- Create top-notch customer facing content for product launches, inbound and outbound marketing programs and sales plays with emphasis on digital assets including blogs, videos and customer stories.
- Define messaging for target personas, both business and technical, with a focus on value and benefits in addition to features and functions
- Work with technology integration partners and the LogicMonitor product management team to obtain interoperability certification, develop joint value-prop messaging and collaborate on go-to-market strategy with Partner Marketing to evangelize the benefits of the technology integration
- Partner with sales to understand and prioritize their needs for assets, messaging and content
- Create and deliver compelling Sales enablement material for field, inside sales and partner channels including call scripts, battlecards, objection handling guides and customer stories
- Conduct market analysis and segmentation of installed base and white space, with emphasis on identifying new opportunities
- Develop segment specific messaging and content relevant to our key buyers in Enterprise, SMB and MSPs
- Work closely with the product managers to launch, position and promote new products
- Help create go-to-market plans for new offers
- Contribute to a monthly customer newsletter based on our sprint cycle to nurture the installed base
- Participation in some tradeshows, field marketing events, internal sales and partner training and customer visits required. Approx: 30% travel.
What You'll Need:
- BA or BS required (especially in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or Engineering)
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical personas
- 8+ years prior experience as a Product Marketing Manager, Technical Marketing or Engineer, or as an IT Ops Manager or System Administrator (with an interest in moving to Product marketing)
- Previous experience in Product marketing, business development or Sales Engineering in any of these areas a plus: Monitoring solutions (network, server, storage, database, application performance, etc), Virtualization technologies, Cloud computing, Storage solutions, Load Balancers, Webservers (IIS, Apache, Tomcat, etc…), Database (SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Postgress, etc…), SaaS-based software solutions, ITOps, IT Service Management tools, technologies
- Demonstrated success working with customers and partners in a sales, business development or Product marketing role
- Must be scrappy, resourceful, proactive, accountable and collaborative with a sense of urgency
- Organized and detail-oriented to effectively manage projects and programs that will require contributions and feedback from other functional groups
- Requires some travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America and Europe (up to 40%)
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Keynote, Salesforce, Google Suite and Microsoft Office suite
- Ambitious to develop professional career
- Ability to learn quickly, setting goals and achieving them
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Understands how to lead by example
- Excellent project management experience
- Natural problem-solver and creative thinker
- Thrives on bringing order to chaos with a hands-on/can-do work ethic