Technical Product Marketing Manager
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We hold our company culture near and dear – it represents an intermix between passion for rock star work output and passion for an active, healthy life centered around family and friends. LogicMonitor represents community, collaboration and camaraderie.
Located in the 500 West 2nd Street tower, our brand-new Austin office is best-in-class! Be inspired with panoramic downtown & Lady Bird Lake views, where snacks are plentiful and team outings are common. Our offices are sprinkled around the globe, too, with our headquarters in Santa Barbara, California and offices in London, Singapore, and Chengdu, China.
What You'll Do:
As part of the LogicMonitor Marketing team, the Technical Product Marketing Manager (PMM) will act as an integrated marketing resource to help define strategy, scope, implement, train on and roll out marketing and product initiatives. In this position, you will create technically-focused content and assets that support the customer journey from discovery to research, evaluation (demo/free trial), purchase and advocacy (post-implementation). You will also collaborate with Product Management and other teams to pursue technology partnerships (integrations) that enable more streamlined IT Ops workflows for users of the LogicMonitor SaaS-based hybrid infrastructure monitoring platform.
Here's a closer look at this key role:
- Create technical content for product launches, inbound and outbound marketing programs and sales plays with emphasis on digital assets
- Define messaging for target personas, both business and technical
- Work with technology integration partners and the LogicMonitor product management team to obtain interoperability certification, manage beta test phase, develop joint value-prop messaging and collaborate on go-to-market strategy with Technology Alliance Marketing manager to evangelize the benefits of the technology integration
- Partner with sales to understand and prioritize their needs for assets, messaging and content
- Conduct market analysis and segmentation of installed base and white space
- Work closely with the product managers to launch, position and promote new products
- Contribute to a monthly customer newsletter based on our sprint cycle to nurture the installed base
- Participation in some trade shows, field marketing events, internal sales and partner training and customer visits required. Approx: 30% travel.
What You'll Need:
- BA or BS required (especially in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or Engineering)
- 5+ years prior experience as a Product Marketing Manager, Technical Marketing Engineer, Sales Engineer, IT / IT Ops Engineer or System Administrator
- Able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical personas
- Organized and detail-oriented to effectively manage projects and programs that will require contributions and feedback from other functional groups
- Team player that works well in collaborative situations and startup environments
- Requires some travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America and Europe (up to 40%)