Technical Writer at Q2
Q2 is seeking a Technical Writer to support the infrastructure and application support documentation needs at Q2. We are seeking a qualified individual who thrives in a busy environment, is exceptionally detail-oriented, possesses exceptional communication skills, is an energetic self-starter, and who works well both independently and in a technical team setting.
- Interviews architects, site reliability engineers, DBAs, infrastructure and network engineers along with other subject matter experts to document technical details of data center and cloud managed systems.
- Produce documentation for internal use within various Q2 teams, to ensure well understood and accurate information is provided to enable high quality support of our customer environments.
- Researches, writes, edits, and proofreads documentation within established time frames and produces illustrations, diagrams and screenshots for the documentation when necessary
- Coordinate with groups downstream to ensure requested/required documentation of various infrastructure efforts are captured and passed to downstream groups
- Conducts and/or assists in documentation planning tasks, including preparing documentation plans, defining audience, performing task analysis, and establishing project schedules
- Conducts tests and solicits feedback to ensure the clarity, completeness, technical accuracy, and quality of the documents produced
- As assigned, reviews and validates technical documentation produced by other departments or by other Q2 writers to ensure technical accuracy and adherence to Q2 styles
- Perform other related duties, as required
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Technical Communication, English, Journalism, or related field
- Typically requires a minimum of five years of technical writing experience with demonstrated writing and analytical skills
- Must possess extensive experience working with technical experts in an IT operational setting
- Knowledge of network architectures, data center operations and cloud computing
- Knowledge of banking practices is desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong teamwork, organization and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative working environment and be highly proactive