Technology Alliances Product Marketing Manager
As the Identity Solutions Product Marketing Manager, you will serve as the marketing focal point for cross portfolio solutions by driving marketing strategies, positioning, and outbound activities that contribute to pipeline development. In this role you will identity key market trends and opportunities that can be addressed by SailPoint’s identity governance solutions and define a go-to-market strategy, messaging, positioning and tactics that is executed upon by a cross functional team. In this role you will craft compelling content and tools that will be used for sales and channel enablement, demand generation, thought leadership, field marketing, and customer marketing.
To be successful in this role you must possess strong marketing and communications skills, as well as a technical understanding of enterprise software, enterprise IT environments, and rapidly evolving security and compliance landscape. These skills then fuel your ability to be a key evangelist and story-teller, demonstrating the value that SailPoint provides to organizations world-wide. Moving and thinking rapidly with an attention to detail and a sharp eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial.
The Identity Solutions Product Marketing Manager must be comfortable working closely with a cross-functional team and across business units including sales, sales engineering, product management, services, and marketing, as well as with prospects, customers, partners, and analysts. The position is based in the US and reports to the Director of Product Marketing.
- Understand buying cycles and define buyer personas.
- Craft compelling messaging and positioning that addresses a buyer’s needs and invokes the desire to engage.
- Translate messaging into meaningful and contextual benefits that feed into the development of creative presentations, demonstrations, collateral, blogs, white papers, and positioning documents.
- Develop sales plays and enablement tools focused on helping internal, field sales teams, and channel partners understand target markets and buyers, buyer personas, pains points, and key messages.
- Develop cross product programs and initiatives that will drive further market penetration.
- Gather and analyze competitive data to infuse content with messaging that is clear and communicates our key differentiators.
- Act as an evangelist to market influencers, industry analysts, prospects, and customers at tradeshows, industry events, and conferences.
- 5+ years of experience on high-performing product marketing teams.
- Experienced at successfully multi-tasking a variety of critical priorities.
- Demonstrated success in driving go-to-market strategy and launches for market-leading products.
- Experience influencing and managing cross-functional teams.
- Self-starter who is experienced in successfully taking a project from concept to execution.
- Strong project/program management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into easy to consume business value.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Security software experience.
MBA or equivalent preferred; BA/BS required.
This position requires approximately 25% travel.
SailPoint, the leader in enterprise identity management, brings the Power of Identity to customers around the world. SailPoint’s open identity platform gives organizations the power to enter new markets, scale their workforces, embrace new technologies, innovate faster and compete on a global basis. As both an industry pioneer and market leader in identity governance, SailPoint delivers security, operational efficiency and compliance to enterprises with complex IT environments. SailPoint's customers are among the world’s largest companies in a wide range of industries, including: 6 of the top 15 banks, 4 of the top 6 healthcare insurance and managed care providers, 8 of the top 15 property and casualty insurance providers, 5 of the top 15 pharmaceutical companies, and six of the largest 15 federal agencies.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.