Vertical Content Marketing Manager
The Vertical Content Marketing Manager will define and implement the marketing content programs for the assigned verticals. He/she is responsible for extending the vertical segment position via creation of compelling, consumable content, sharing content within vertical consumption channels and leveraging KPIs to measure the results of all content marketing activities.
• Help develop and maintain overall marketing plan for the assigned vertical market market; includes interlocking segment marketing plans, solution marketing plans and content marketing plans.
• Have and disseminate a thorough understanding of assigned vertical market, be responsible for developing the content marketing plan inclusive of:
o The overall market segmentation model and priorities within it. o Highlights the market positioning and Blackbaud’s unique value proposition within the market segment
o Prioritizes all content marketing programs, routes to market, and channel enablement requirements to meet vertical and Blackbaud revenue and profit goals
• Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, leads, that deliver sales and customer retention.
• Collaborates across Blackbaud to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives at the lowest possible cost
• Requires a brand publisher mindset: the create the content our audience is looking for and then to optimize the path to conversion
• Editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement. Development of editorial governance so content is consistent with Blackbaud brand voice, style and tone.
• Editorial calendar and organization workflows must be developed and managed.
• Channel management of digital content hubs and all supporting social channels.
• Must understand the basic best practices of the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why
• Measurement and optimization of the program will be required on a regular and ongoing basis
• Integration of content programs with brand campaigns to drive brand to demand.
• Executive presentations on the program approaches and results will be required.
• At least 5-7 yrs. of experience in marketing of vertical products and/or services; candidates with enterprise software and SaaS strongly preferred
• Experience leading teams in a direct and matrixed report structure
• Strong vertical segment management or product marketing management experience
• Demonstrated leadership and ability to work with a practical, "roll-up your sleeves" style
• Proven experience in building innovative, proactive, high impact marketing campaigns utilizing all relevant channels and media; and aligning strategy with business goal
• Experience creating content for the web and growing a social audience
• Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and ho to create it
• Ability to analyze and present content and social performance
• Experience with wordpress, Google analytics, Slideshare, and the top social channels
• Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales
• Exceptional negotiation and written and verbal communication/presentation skills
• A strong bias toward execution and steadfastly pushes self and others for results; ability to think end-to-end in reaching results by considering perspectives and alternatives