Vice President, Communications at Bestow
- Create and execute annual communications plan to drive strategic brand goals. Then socialize, and ensure uniform delivery of appropriate messaging to all relevant stakeholders and audiences.
- Work closely with the product, content and engineering teams, as well as other internal stakeholders, to discover, create and share stories that further the company’s goals.
- Provide quality control for all communications materials, as well as oversee communications strategy support for key organizational programs and initiatives.
- Work closely with the Chief Marketing Officer and brand team to develop Bestow’s corporate and brand narratives and associated messaging hierarchy.
- Develop and implement media relations strategy and plan, seeking high level placements in print, broadcast and online media with goal to elevate the brand awareness in the marketplace.
- Lead the creation of an innovative, powerful earned media strategy: developing tailored pitches, hyper-targeting media contacts, media outreach and placement of stories.
- Lead the creation of press materials: brand messaging, customized pitches, press releases, media training/briefing books.
- Develop and enhance influencer relations for new exposure areas in the insurance and financial industry, and other select passion areas.
- Identify thought-leadership opportunities inclusive of leadership speaking opportunities and op-eds.
- Lead the corporate communications function, assisting executives with messaging and delivery, and serving as spokesperson where necessary and as appropriate.
- Stay well ahead of marketing and media trends and contribute new innovative, breakthrough ideas that help the growth of the company.
- Develop KPIs and ensure measurement tactics in place to quantify exposure and impact.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Solid, 10+ year background in communications.
- Proven expertise building breakthrough communications programs from scratch, inclusive of earned, paid and owned media strategies to build brand awareness and allure.
- A track record of building consensus and delivering high-impact global communications initiatives.
- Proven ability to develop strategy and lead team’s seamless execution of day-to-day tactics.
- A clear demonstration of internal cross-functional partnership and collaboration.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive experience growing and guiding a savvy team of curious and determined multi-disciplinary experts, with oversight of corporate communications, media relations, partner communications and internal communications.
- An energetic, self-starter; works independently, and is able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- BS/BA degree in Communications, Marketing.