Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 1,000 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. In 2019, Bungalo sold its 250th home, and Amherst managed it 25,000th home. To learn more, please visit www.amherst.com.
Amherst is seeking a resourceful, analytical, results-oriented Vice-President of Consumer Brand & Communications who lives and breathes consumer marketing strategy & has pride of performance. We are looking for a person who can provide a strategic vision for the function while rolling up their sleeves to execute strategy. The ideal candidate will be a strategic, results-oriented leader, a proficient communicator, and a consummate storyteller. He or she will be tireless and persistent in championing the brand narrative for 2 consumer brands. The VP of Marketing will have the opportunity to shape all aspects of the Amherst campaign calendar and develop marketing & PR campaigns to support our consumers’ journeys. Reporting to the SVP of Marketing, the ideal candidate will have a keen understanding of consumer research, applying analytics and data to build marketing strategy and tactics, and must have had experience building, leading, and growing Marketing teams in the past.,
The ideal candidate for the Vice-President, Consumer brand & Communications role will:
- own a strategic roadmap for a holistic marketing strategy across all our brands to grow membership base (account activations) and drive the use of our product offerings – rental, retail, home related services to achieve quarterly and annual goals
- define and deliver results from automated marketing campaigns to acquire, retain and nurture customers while delivering critical business insights to improve our entire product and evolution
- lead brand voice, social, communications and PR, campaign strategy and content, customer segmentation and analysis, and event strategy to drive brand awareness and customer acquisition across all marketing channels for Amherst’s consumer brands, Bungalo and Main Street Renewal
- build a scalable, high-impact marketing program in a fast-paced and changing market
- build, inspire, and lead a marketing organization that delivers against marketing goals, with clearly defined KPIs, career paths, succession plans, and employee success strategies
- fully understand the lifecycle of our customers and build marketing strategies around those with the demand generation team; have a demonstrated, deep working knowledge of demand gen to maximize effectiveness
- translate business needs into marketing strategies, campaigns and initiatives by partnering internally, leveraging demand generation, corporate internal communication, events, and creative services
- innovate to increase reach & penetration in the markets we serve; keeping up-to-date on marketing trends and industry awareness from competitive analysis to general marketing innovation & thought leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field, MBA a plus
- 12+ years of experience in consumer marketing strategies for real estate, financial services, consumer-facing technology, fin-tech or private equity
- Strong experience in consumer branding, public relations, and communications
- Data-driven decision making, analytical rigor, and a bias towards experimenting quickly and scaling the programs that produce results
- Thrive in an environment without a set playbook
- Able to align cross-functional resources on a common message
- Leadership experience a must – a minimum of 4 years of managing junior staff members
- Demonstrated experience with demand generation & customer relationship tools, such as Marketo, SalesForce, HubSpot, etc.
- Office technology experience, including but not limited to MS Suite (.PPT expert), advanced reporting (Tableau, Domo, Visier) and project management & communication tools (Slack, Jabber, Asana, SmartSheet, Capterra, Basecamp or similar
Amherst’s WeWork office is located on Barton Springs Rd. near the heart of downtown Austin and within walking distance of Lady Bird Lake.