Vice President of Marketing (remote OK) at ActiveProspect, Inc.
ActiveProspect is an Austin-based SaaS company that helps companies acquire customers via consent-based marketing (opt-in leads). Our products are used by leading brands across many industries to efficiently and safely scale these types of campaigns. We give companies the insight and control needed to take real-time action on their leads - by paying the right price, filtering out leads that are unlikely to convert, and routing leads to the right place. In tandem, we help protect companies from Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) litigation by verifying and documenting proof of consent.
ActiveProspect is seeking a Vice President of Marketing to lead the marketing efforts for the company. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in growing a B2B SaaS business, working with both middle market and enterprise level customers across a wide range of industries. While this position is for a B2B marketer, the majority of our customers are actually B2C marketers, so an understanding of the B2C online lead generation ecosystem is strongly preferred.
This individual will have a track record of building out successful demand generation programs for high growth SaaS companies. Working closely with the vertical sales directors, will craft content that speaks to the needs of each vertical.
This position will report directly to the CEO and will serve as a key member of the Leadership Team. In addition to building out the demand generation playbook, this person will oversee all marketing functions, including: corporate marketing, public relations, strategy, branding/positioning, and events. This person will be responsible for building out their marketing team over the next 12-18 months. Remote applicants are welcome to apply.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Demand Generation. Manage all marketing campaigns from creation, implementation, measurement and optimization. Create, own, and drive all SEO/SEM strategies. Identify, plan, and attend all customer/industry events and trade shows. Own all website design, content and development. Creates funnel and conversion management initiatives that translate into achieving bookings and revenue targets on a quarterly basis. Coordinate efforts with our marketing partners.
- Content Creation. Establish the company as a thought leader in the industry by creating and distributing unique and compelling content. Work closely with product marketing and other departments to identify areas of need. Lead content strategy based on demand generation strategy and market trends, from creation, implementation, measurement and optimization. Leverage partners to distribute content.
- Communication. Create, own, and drive strategy for all marketing and sales internal and external communications - including public relations and social media. Create, engage and sustain meaningful relationships in the public relations, marketing, and lead generation space. Identify, manage, and measure relationships with industry partners that can help drive revenue. Work with channel partners/resellers on content collaboration and events. Work closely with our Brand Designer to maintain a consistent brand in the market.
- Customer Marketing. Understand the needs of our customers and articulate our value proposition accordingly. Investigate and optimize the customer journeys to shorten the customer acquisition cycle. Manage our reputation, community, and communications with our customers. Understand the competitive landscape for our products and help differentiate our products. Work closely with the Client Success team to help grow revenue from existing accounts.
- Marketing Operations. Implement processes and systems to scale all marketing efforts. Track and report on marketing KPIs. Build marketing funnels and roadmaps to inform sales and expense forecasting, reporting quarterly to our Board of Directors.
- Internal Collaboration. Work closely with the sales and product teams to create long-term scalable processes to fuel market penetration and growth.
- Mentor. Lead, build, mentor and develop the marketing team.
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years as an enterprise SaaS marketing leader
- Experience growing an enterprise SaaS businesses to $30M+ ARR.
- Experience with international expansion a plus.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Salesforce.com and Pardot experience a plus.
- Demonstrable experience in demand generation and funnel management.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, providing accountability for generating pipeline and leads to achieve quarterly bookings and revenue targets.
- Expertise in marketing automation and marketing operations - email campaigns, landing page development, lead nurturing, etc. using Pardot, HubSpot, Marketo, or similar systems.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and resources.
- Appreciates each team member's contributions and values each individual member.
- Strives to help the team succeed, even when it means working outside the job description.
- Displays a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work.
- Shows initiative for learning by seeking out answers to daily technical challenges.
- Metric-driven, success-driven, passionate, go-getter attitude, willing to work within a team environment & flexible.
Benefits and Perks
- A financially stable company, with the freedom and opportunities of a startup culture
- Flexible work schedule
- Flexible vacation time
- Live Music Capital Holiday
- Beautiful office space in Hyde Park (close to Central Market and Hyde Park Gym)
- Retirement plan matching up to 3% of your salary
- Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
ActiveProspect is an Equal Opportunity Employer