VP, Enterprise Marketing at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a "2022 Best Place to Work" in Austin, is searching for a marketing leader to join our team. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the candidate will own Enterprise go-to-market and lead large, cross-functional marketing teams.
The ideal candidate is data-driven, refining programs to continually improve objectives. You’ve worked across various acquisition channels including web, seo, events and agency, creating structured campaigns to deliver outstanding experiences. You are a strong partner to our sales team, applying industry standard methodologies and out-of-the-box thinking to drive consistent annual growth in a constantly evolving ecommerce and digital marketing landscape, delivering the highest quality leads, shortening time-to-close, making sales efforts more effective and driving revenue.
As a leader, you inspire a team to go above and beyond by rallying them around your vision for success! The VP will set annual strategy and execution plans, run the marketing spend and attribution, demonstrate leadership that inspires an innovative culture of mutual accountability and work with leadership in setting and meeting department goals.
What You Will Do
Develop and lead our Enterprise acquisition strategy. Enterprise is an emerging segment for BigCommerce and is a critical part of our corporate strategy.
- Co-own revenue number with Sales, delivering high-quality leads that convert into MRR.
- Partner with Sales to increase velocity of the sales funnel and revenue pipeline (i.e. responsible for the end-to-end lead process: list acquisition, scoring, campaign management, prioritization and cultivate).
- Develop and implement multi-channel, integrated campaigns that use digital, email, events, partner and sales channels.
- Bring new and creative ideas to the table around acquisition, retention and growth.
Lead shared services marketing functions including Web, SEO, Agency marketing, Events and Office of Project Management. The services under your leadership also support the Small Business, Mid-Market and international teams.
- Handle revenue-generating functions that support all channels.
- Work cross functionally with key internal partners including Sales, Product, Finance, etc.
- Act as a primary collaborator with Product Marketing to ID product and partner requirements to fuel growth.
- Work effectively with external business partners to identify potential joint marketing opportunities.
- Lead agency and other outside consultants and vendors to efficiently scale our growth and internal execution.
- Use data to improve the tactical execution of all departments.
Lead and develop a team
- Lead, and mentor team members and broader marketing team to improve their individual potential and professional growth, as well as ability to function effectively as a team.
- Build an environment of accountability and successfully crossing the finish line.
- Cultivate teamwork, openness, creativity and continuous improvement. You and your team should be forward thinking and always testing new opportunities.
- Direct planning, staffing, budgeting and expenses.
Test, learn, and optimize
- Identify, quantify, prioritize and implement opportunities to test new and emerging channels.
- Analyze campaign and channel performance to drive continued process improvements.
- Test/learn/optimize campaigns that drive quality leads and feed revenue growth for the company.
- Lead the integrated acquisition plan and forecast across all channels.
- Develop budgets and forecasts.
Who You Are
- Experienced B2B SaaS Marketing Leader
- Consistent track record of driving revenue growth and working hand-in-hand with sales.
- 15+ years of related experience, ideally in B2B SaaS acquisition marketing, through multiple channels and running cross-functional campaigns to acquire Enterprise customers.
- Validated expertise in using digital channels for growth.
- 10+ years people management experience and a strong desire and understanding of how to develop people in a supportive, accountable environment.
- Experience working with inside sales organizations, including experience with Salesforce, marketing automation platforms (Marketo preferred) and marketing databases.
- Established understanding of the ecommerce space.
- Experience across a variety of acquisition channels including digital, email, events and partner, creating cohesive campaigns that drive outstanding merchant experiences.
- Experience running multi-channel strategies and using information to improve performance.
- Data-Driven: A hands-on consumer of data and analytics -- you can dig into campaign results and see opportunities where others may not.
- Technical Competence: A technical marketer, with a strong understanding of marketing technology and how it supports marketing efforts especially around marketing automation (Marketo) and CRMs (Salesforce).
- Creative: You are the opposite of traditional B2B (boring to boring) marketers and are always looking for fresh, vibrant ways to tell the BigCommerce story.
- Customer Focused: With a passion for service and satisfaction and are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Tackle Problems: Able to see hidden problems and probe numerous sources for answers, are excellent at analysis and can identify and creatively tackle sophisticated problems, including matters related to systems and processes.
- Collaborative: You possess excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills and have demonstrated success working collaboratively with key external and internal partners across such as Marketing, Product, Engineering, Client Services and Sales.
- Composed: Ability to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Ethical: You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.