ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable Inc. seeks a brilliant, performance marketing-focused VP of Marketing who has scaled a multi-product consumer company from mid-8 figures in revenue to $100m+. The VP Of Marketing will be a critical partner with the CEO to set the strategic vision and direction of the company. You will focus on data-driven performance marketing, customer acquisition, and brand development across all marketing channels. The VP of Marketing will also lead marketing for new geographies and new product launches as the company continually expands its offerings.
The VP of Marketing is responsible for setting the strategic direction for the Aceable Inc. family of brands, driving customer acquisition, retention and engagement efforts, and establishing key metrics to determine the profitability of channels by product offering. You will be deeply involved in the design of future product offerings and expected to lead efforts to increase our TAM, increase our market share, and successfully grow our more recent wins to increase our average revenue per user (ARPU) through value-added services.
The VP of Marketing is a proven performance marketer and will have successfully applied your knowledge of cutting edge methods, tools, and channels including SEM, SEO, CRO (conversion rate optimization), social (paid and organic), affiliate, email, and nascent channels. You will understand the importance of building a compelling retail brand and creating an operation that sells a product and or service directly to a consumer who expects a seamless experience.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million students and counting. The team is proud of the hundred thousand plus students we're adding to the Aceable family per month. We're only getting started and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017 and awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltIn Austin, and EqualOcean. Aceable fosters a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE MARKETING TEAM
The Aceable marketing team is made up of some of the hardest working, smartest people in their fields. We thrive in a constantly changing environment where cross channel communication and collaboration is key. We pride ourselves on quickly solving challenges with new and innovative solutions, and we have fun doing it.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Partner with CEO and senior leadership to envision, set, and drive strategic direction and critical initiatives, including identifying new market opportunities to expand TAM, increase market share, and improve average revenue per user through value-added products and services.
- Develop a vertical launch playbook that aligns the industry’s consumer buying process with the appropriate marketing tactics.
- Determine how to best allocate marketing resources across cash cow product lines, rapidly growing products, and products in their infancy.
- Quickly understand, iterate upon, and oversee the execution of a cutting-edge digital customer acquisition strategy using channels such as SEM, SEO, CRO, social (paid and organic), affiliate and other nascent channels.
- Design and execute non-traditional customer acquisition strategies driven by data assessments.
- Establish, monitor, and communicate key metrics to determine the profitability of channels by product offering.
- Partner with the marketing development team to roll-out CRO wins, website enhancements, eCommerce changes, and new sites altogether.
- Design and develop the family of Aceable Inc brands that create a sustainable competitive advantage in each industry the company enters.
- Design and execute promotional campaigns, PR and other earned marketing efforts across channels (digital, press, etc.) and tie them into SEO objectives
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 10+ years of proven success as a performance marketing leader with an appreciation for branding
- Proactive, resourceful and self-directed, who works calmly, quickly and confidently in a fast-paced team environment
- A data-driven and customer-centric approach to establishing marketing strategies, key initiatives, and the metrics to determine the profitability of channels, by product offering
- Proven experience leading customer acquisitions team that have achieved 100%+ YoY for new product lines while simultaneously have grown an optimized product lines generating $50m+ in revenue
- Deep knowledge of digital product marketing and driving demand through product features
- Demonstrated success in strategic development and management of demand generation, lead management, channel development, and product/market segmentation strategies
- Prior leadership role(s) guiding a growth-stage company; used effective management techniques to influence and motivate the team to perform at the highest level and to get work done through others
- History of successfully recruiting, structuring, developing, and inspiring a diverse, top-tier marketing organization
- MBA or advanced degree
- Experience with PR, media campaigns and event marketing
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2020
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & activities (Holiday events, happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/employee)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.