VP of Marketing at AppSumo
NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocateMeet AppSumo
AppSumo is the digital marketplace trusted by 1M+ entrepreneurs. We’ve helped launch top B2B tools like Mailchimp, Evernote, Intercom, and Dropbox, just to name a few.
Our slogan is “Work doesn’t have to suck.”
What does that mean? We’re totally against soul-crushing “real jobs.” We love it here because the work actually matters: supporting digital creators and entrepreneurs who want to build lifestyles they’re passionate about. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million digital creators served, we’re on a mission to open the doors of entrepreneurship to everyone.
You in?The opportunity
Our ideal candidate has experience leading a variety of digital marketing projects end-to-end including brand, organic, paid ads, email, influencer, and affiliate campaigns. You will report directly to the CEO and will be managing 20+ full-time Marketing team members and 25+ Marketing contractors/agencies.
To be successful in this role, you should have strong leadership and coaching skills, as well as direct experience scaling marketing teams and marketing attributed revenue with a fast-growing start-up.What you’ll be doing
Work closely with the rest of the leadership team and play a significant role in shaping the company’s strategic planning. You'll be tasked to develop a brand and promotion strategy that will grow both sides of our business (supply and demand) and position AppSumo as the leading marketplace for entrepreneurs. This will be accomplished by building strong cross-functional relationships within the organization and having an analytic, data-driven approach to marketing spend.Must-have skills
- 10+ years of demonstrated ability working in marketing with multi-channel knowledge and expertise (SEO, affiliates, email, content, paid media, etc.)
- Experience working for a digital marketplace, preferably in the SaaS or E-Commerce space
- Strong leadership skills; proven experience scaling and developing a team of high-performing marketing professionals (Minimum 8+ years in a people management role previously)
- Highly analytical with a strong understanding of ROI and how to prioritize initiatives based on data
- “Been there, done that” mentality- you’re a top-tier leader with playbooks for how to scale and develop processes for a similar organization in the midst of strategic transition
- Experience in marketplace/eCommerce/SaaS startups
- Experience building a marketing strategy framework (ex. Customer/Partner Value Prop) and putting it into action
- Having delivered measurable results that have directly led to business growth
At AppSumo, we’re committed to building a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment—the kind of company where work doesn’t suck.
Our culture starts with treating teammates like adults. We hire kickass people. We trust you to get your work done when you have something to do. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. We know your work will speak for itself.
At AppSumo, you get:
Competitive pay, benefits package, and 401(k) matching
100% hybrid work model—work from home or the office
Freedom to have a side hustle (We’ll cheer you on.)
Open vacation (PTO) policy
Take a winter break (Everyone gets two weeks PTO over the holidays.)
Invites to two all-expenses-paid company trips per year to the local Sheraton (Just kidding: We’re talking destinations like Costa Rica.)
$200 per month to treat yourself (Therapy? Yoga? Massages? Tacos? Oh yes.)
Late start/flexible hours
Access to our dog-friendly, snack-packed office (Austin)
Free lunch once a week, a brand new computer, and work that actually makes an impact
Ready to join us?
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.