Writer at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) And MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build outstanding apps that people use every day. We are the top tier modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
CALLING ALL WRITERS WHO ARE…
Bold enough to find, define, and promote an engaging, yet grounded, point of view
Strategic enough to hunt down and stake out key territory in the marketplace
Creative enough to go beyond tired cliche language and make data exciting
Empathetic enough to understand (and advocate for) our audience’s needs, wants, and interests
Geeky enough to transform technical product messaging and documentation into compelling, accurate, customer-facing content framed in terms of soft and hard benefits
Analytical enough to use data to surface insights that guide audience selection and messaging
Sound like you? Ready to join a hardworking team and take on a big challenge? If yes, the content marketing team at MongoDB has a huge opportunity for you and we want to meet you STAT!
The ideal candidate will have extensive B2B technology writing and creative storytelling experience and a background in database software and technology, software development process, cloud engineered systems, and enterprise software.Responsibilities
- Write compelling, clear, and high-performing copy to drive value across mediums including digital campaigns, white papers, sales presentations, video scripts, web pages, email, direct mail, and others
- Work closely with key content partners to understand and map the digital customer journey and develop compelling content that delivers engagement and conversion
- Write content such as articles and blogs to be used for various marketing campaigns
- Demonstrate flexibility in being able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities, and occasionally ambitious deadlines while still maintaining the highest standard of quality and unfailing attention to detail
- Become a specialist in our audience segments, relentlessly seeking data and relevant trends to make decisions that improve the impact and effectiveness of content concepts and copy across mediums
- Work with Sales, Account Based Marketing, and Demand Generation to write creative, cutting-edge executive summaries, develop, and refine content that speaks to specific companies and verticals
- Translate engineering-focused documentation and other highly technical content into clear and informative material that everyone finds easy to consume
- Flex from writer to editor, collaborate cross-functionally to ensure superior quality, cohesion, and impact of copy across all marketing and product touchpoints from paid ads to emails, landing pages to video scripts
- 5+ years of experience as a copywriter in technology, database software, cloud engineered systems, and enterprise software, capable of producing content covering the full breadth of MongoDB’s product suite
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to "sell" their ideas and concepts
- Senior background of journalism, communication and sales with industry know-how, initiative and proven writing experience
- In-depth understanding of the marketing lifecycle and proven ability to create engaging copy across channels and mediums
- Track record of attracting, retaining, and growing an audience through the use of compelling content in brand campaigns, direct response advertising, email, and video
- You have a growth mindset, a great attitude, and tend to seek team and company success over self-promotion.
REQUIRED: Along with your resume, please submit a portfolio featuring examples of omni-channel best-in-class writing solutions
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.