Rapid7 (NASDAQ: RPD) is helping organizations around the globe advance securely. Our technology, services, and community-focused research simplify complexity for security teams, helping them reduce vulnerabilities, monitor for malicious behavior, investigate and shut down attacks, and automate routine tasks. With more than 9000 customers across 120+ countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity that has proudly earned numerous industry accolades and strong recognition for our technology and culture. Learn more at www.rapid7.com
Advisory Services Consultant Overview
Rapid7 Advisory Service Consultants are some of the most talented, well-seasoned cybersecurity leaders in the industry. Success in these roles means being part of a team who possess a passion for customer success, technology, and solving complex cybersecurity business problems with innovative solutions. Advisory Services at Rapid7 deliver services that transform the way our customers manage their cybersecurity programs and set them up for long term success.
Our clients engage us to provide world-class cybersecurity organizational maturity assessments, program development, operational security evaluations, executive level CISO services. Our line of business is focused on providing a customer-centric approach to helping our clients both build and manage cutting edge cybersecurity programs. Our team focuses on assessing, analyzing, and designing security programs for our customers. We have industry experience and expertise in vulnerability management, production support, engineering, security operations, awareness, threat intelligence, and incident response programs.
Compensation plans include a variable component tied, but not limited, to services performance metrics and delivery utilization.
· Evaluate IT and information security infrastructure within customer environments across a broad range of industries, and across a broad range of frameworks and control sets
· Work closely with customer contacts to understand business objectives, risk appetite, and the current state of their security programs
· Identify maturity gaps and business aligned recommendations to remediate program deficiencies
· Document and communicate technical findings and recommendations to customer personnel
· Assist with the creation and maintenance of a knowledge base of methodologies and recommendations aligned with standards such as PCI, ISO, HIPAA, and other regulatory and industry oversight groups
· Advise on security best practices as they relate to Rapid7 technologies
· Regularly provide input to Rapid7 product development team
· Actively participate within Rapid7 Community and Security Industry as an advocate and advisor
· Five (5) or more years of experience in the Information Security space
· Experience dealing with security applications: Security Information and Event (SIEM)/ Log Management, Governance Risk Compliance (GRC), Identity Access Management, IDS/IPS, Advanced Persistent Threat, Anti-Virus, Vulnerability Management, Business Intelligence
· Strong understanding of IT and security operations, enterprise networking, systems evaluation and architecture
· Familiarity with security frameworks and control sets such as NIST, CIS, ISO, etc.
· Ability to build relationships with, understand business needs, and deliver demonstrable value to management and executive teams
· Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, CIS or related field (deep experience in lieu of degree also highly desirable)
· CISSP/CISM or equivalent certifications preferred
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
· Willingness to travel 40%
· Previous security consulting experience
· Previous experience as a CISO, Director of Information/Cybersecurity, or other senior leadership role in the security profession