CCC Information Services Inc. is the technology platform for the underwritten assets economy. CCC technology, insights, and support connect industries – insurers, automotive manufacturers, collision repairers, parts suppliers, lenders, fleet operators and more – to advance decision-making, productivity, and customer experiences for thousands of clients worldwide. Clients leverage CCC’s network management, data management, AI, operational workflows and customer experience solutions to efficiently scale, interact, transact and achieve their unique business objectives. CCC was ranked a best mid-sized company to work for by Forbes (2019). BuiltIn Chicago, Austin and LA named CCC a top place to work in 2020. Diverse perspectives and experiences are core to CCC’s success and award-winning culture of more than 2,000 employees worldwide. We hold inclusion as a core value and are committed to celebrating and cultivating the diversity of our team. With a 40+ year track record of innovation, CCC’s tenacious spirit and growth mindset turn next generation technology into real world solutions and empower team members to expand their knowledge and potential. Headquartered in Chicago, CCC has 11 locations worldwide. CCC’s principal PE investors are Advent International, Technology Crossover Ventures, and Oak Hill Capital Find out more about CCC Information Services by visiting cccis.com.
Job Description Summary
The Application Support Engineer is responsible providing system and software support for application developed on Amazon cloud environments. The engineer should be self-starter and should be able to collaborate with Product development, testing and other teams to gain and document application knowledge needed to support the applications. The engineer will also troubleshoot and resolve any issues that occur in the application software. As a support engineer, you will be responsible for addressing technical customer escalations related to application and resolving them on a day to day basis. The engineer will also work closely with development team to address escalations that may requires an application software changes. This position will be responsible for technical interaction with Customer IT Departments as part of debugging and resolution during system and application outages. The support engineer will recommend the appropriate technology options to support the software to IT management.
- Handle application software related tickets escalated by Customers, Call center, Product Development teams
Make recommendations for operational efficiency improvements and new operational capabilities (KPIs, reporting, alerting, etc.)
- Participate in Application / Platform maintenance and releases for production and pre-production environment including vetting out test/validation results, etc. with the production development teams
- Participates in disaster recovery and business continuity tests by performing documented recovery procedures for the platform
- Operate, Monitor and Support the Platform for SLAs, Operational dashboard and Reports.
- Collaborate with IT Ops team on multiple locations (Chicago and Austin) on, metrics reporting, operational dashboards, release processes, etc.
- Participate in the integration of Operational Dashboards, monitoring, alerting, reporting, etc. with NOC and Call Center infrastructure
- Create Operational run book documentation for standard operating tasks for production and test environments working with development teams
- 3+ years’ experience with supporting server-based software applications environments
- Complex problem-solving skills in debugging Application software
- Working knowledge of SQL Databases & basic network configuration
- Experience supporting Linux based systems
- Experience debugging and deploying applications in cloud and physical datacenter
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled experience in disaster recovery plan creation and maintenance
- Proficient in shell scripting, Python, or another script based language.
- Hands-on experience supporting in Java-based applications environments
- Proficiency in AWS and related open source / cloud technologies, would be a plus
- Proficiency in Chef, Kafka, Storm, Spark, Hadoop, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, etc. Would be a plus
- Certifications in AWS, including AWS sysops certification is a plus