OJO envisions a world where everyone has what they need to own a home. We know that homeownership is one of life’s most complex decisions and access to trusted advice and expertise can be the difference-maker. Through the fusion of machine intelligence and human expertise, we meet people wherever they are in their home journey to provide deeply personalized guidance and support.
Our intuitive technology learns each individual’s needs and preferences to provide a tailored experience whether they’re buying, selling, or managing their home as an asset. We then help them to move forward when the time’s right — with support, knowledge, and confidence.
From our network of top-rated agents we’ll match homebuyers and sellers with the expert who can best support their specific journey. We introduce agents and loan officers to consumers at just the right time, and underpin the connection with tools and insights to ensure a best-in-class experience.
As part of our team, you’ll help create the experiences that help level the playing field in real estate, so that all people — regardless of race, class, or gender — can experience the gateway to wealth and the security that home provides.
About this Role
We are looking for an experienced Area Director to optimize and oversee the operations of designated markets. The Area Director will plan, implement, and monitor operational strategies. Effective area directors are skilled in managing diverse, fast-paced, and simultaneous operations. The Area Director will have a strategic mindset and be an excellent leader. Real Estate Industry IQ and experience with direct communication with agents required.
What you'll do:
- Evaluate agent performance using key metrics and address issues to improve overall profitability
- Develop relationships with agents to help communicate performance metrics and KPIs
- Aggregate data and communicate findings to executives
- Detect, investigate, and remedy discrepancies in reporting
- Optimize and oversee operations to ensure efficiencies
- Collaborate with other Area Managers to ensure that operations are consistent across the board
- Deal with challenges by providing creative and practical solutions
- Cross communicate with various teams to achieve KPIs
- Report to senior executives on progress and issues
What we need from you:
- Proven experience in the real estate industry or as an area director
- Knowledge of performance evaluation metrics
- In-depth understanding of the real estate market
- Working knowledge of Excel and data resources like Looker or Tableau
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Strong business acumen with a strategic orientation
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Team player and a desire to contribute
What do we have to offer?
● You get to work with the best of the best
● A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
● Competitive Salaries
● Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
● Dog-Friendly Workplace
● Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
● Optimum Workspace Subsidy
● 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
● Promote from Within Philosophy
● Volunteer Program
● Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!
With offices all over the world, our award-winning work environments blend meaningful impact and employee satisfaction. We have offices in Austin, Texas; Minneapolis, Minnesota; San Mateo, California; Chicago, Illinois; Toronto, Ontario; and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia.
OJO has received multiple workplace awards, including Fortune Best Workplaces in Technology, Inc. Best Workplaces, and Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work. Every person at OJO has a significant impact on our evolving product, team, and culture, which is why we hire the best technical, creative, and operational minds.
Virtual Life at OJO
At OJO, we care and listen deeply to the needs of our team to ensure they are comfortable and have the necessary tools to be productive while working from home during the pandemic. We strive to allow a balance and separation between home and work life, and provide support and a flexible working schedule so that employees are able to focus on what’s important to them. The leadership team at OJO has decided that we will work from home indefinitely. As safety allows, offices will open and employees will have the option of accessing them to work. We will continue to monitor and respond to COVID-19 proactively, while adhering to safety precautions provided by medical leadership.
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.