Associate Director, Information Security at Vista Consulting Group
The role of the Information Security Associate Director is to provide hands-on support for various projects in collaboration with the numerous enterprise software companies across different industries in the Vista portfolio. The Information Security Associate Director must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for evaluating and improving information security programs, recommending technologies and working with the portfolio companies on understanding and improving their cybersecurity programs.
- Drive the development and implementation of cybersecurity best practices across the portfolio
- Conduct structured data gathering, research, and analysis while evaluating controls to provide relevant recommendations for enhancing current operations
- Assist in assessing risk profile of portfolio companies
- Prepare, facilitate, document, and actively participate in project engagement meetings and workshops
- Create high quality presentations and reports to effectively communicate project findings
- Define, document and continuously improve cybersecurity best practices for achieving operational excellence across the Vista portfolio of companies
- Build, develop and foster relationship with cybersecurity leaders and professionals across portfolio companies
- Continuous research to stay updated with current trends and incidents in the industry
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of experience as a cybersecurity professional working within an enterprise environment (Prefer Azure or AWS Experience)
- Strong knowledge of building Secure SDLC, best coding practices and BSIMM models
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance including, but not limited to OWASP, ISO, PCI-DSS, and NIST
- Familiarity and experience with a variety of security products and technologies - i.e., network firewalls, web application firewalls, antivirus solutions, Data Loss Prevention products, and encryption technologies.
- Advanced understanding of application, database, and network security principles for risk identification, mitigation, and analysis
- Diverse problem-solving experience, such as experience with a top management consulting firm or in other generalist problem solving environments across financial services sectors
- An outstanding ability to analyze problems, apply quantitative analytical approaches, communicate effectively and confidently (both oral and written), work well in cross-functional teams
- High emotional intelligence and genuine intellectual curiosity are a must
- Flexibility to travel up to 70%
- CISSP, GSEC, CEH, Security+ or similar information security certification
- Experience practicing Cybersecurity in the Financial Industry
Vista Consulting Group (VCG) is the dedicated consulting partner of Vista Equity Partners (www.vistaequitypartners.com), a leading global technology investor with over $46 billion in cumulative capital commitments. Our team of subject matter experts and consultants partner with market-leading software and technology companies to achieve lasting results by investing in the people, knowledge, and connections that have been proven to strengthen their success. Our insights from hundreds of software investments over nearly two decades create a deep and differentiated understanding of how a software company thrives. We work alongside management teams to develop exceptional talent, capture and enhance the knowledge of our companies, and cultivate meaningful relationships across our executive network. VCG is integral to Vista’s investment philosophy and vision, offering management teams expertise, focus, and discipline to achieve their goals and advance their operational and growth strategies. Explore current and past Vista companies here: https://www.vistaequitypartners.com/companies/
Why Vista Consulting Group?
Vista’s family of companies collectively represent the fourth-largest enterprise software company in the world. We invest in our people, with a relentless focus on talent. At VCG, you will have the opportunity to work shoulder-to-shoulder with some of the world’s most thoughtful, curious, and talented software executives, including several CEOs named among 2018’s top 50 SaaS CEOs: https://thesaasreport.com/the-saas-reports-top-50-saas-ceos-of-2018/
Your role within VCG will strengthen your existing skills, grow and widen your capabilities, and offer you an unparalleled path for personal development and career growth. Do you aim to be the best in your field? Do you enjoy partnering with talented executives and collaborating on challenging business opportunities? Are you curious about how to make great businesses even better? Are you motivated by seeing others succeed? Join us.
What’s Different About Vista?
Vista invests in the long-term, sustainable success of our portfolio companies, with the industry’s largest dedicated consulting team. Today, Vista’s consulting practice has a dedicated staff of over 130 employees, whose sole focus is advancing and partnering with our companies to help leaders and teams within Vista businesses implement proven best practices, sharpen skills, broaden their networks, and continually innovate in their markets. Because Vista only invests in enterprise software, data, and tech-enabled companies, we are in a unique position to scale our approach across the portfolio and to accelerate the growth of both our investments and our people across our global ecosystem of innovation.