Associate Manager, Customer Success at Kazoo
Kazoo is the only all-in-one people management solution in the market that takes recognition, engagement, and performance and delivers them in one powerful platform. Through its Recognition & Rewards, Performance Management, and Surveys offerings, Kazoo is an award-winning, employee-first solution that increases productivity, retention, and revenue, and enables companies to build a purpose-driven culture of high engagement and high performance. With over 500 global customers, the Kazoo platform puts actionable analytics in the hands of business leaders, connecting them to what really matters. Kazoo is when work is working.
Our approach is employee-driven, not top-down. We built our platform, and our company, with a promise to give employees what they need to deeply engage in their work and with their colleagues, and to drive results for the company. Our focus is on building teams, cross-functional collaboration, and purposeful perks. We practice transparency, provide a culture of continuous feedback, and promote regular service to our community.
Overview of the role:
If you are talented, detail-oriented, passionate about technology and problem-solving, plus have a knack for building relationships with customers, then we want you to join Kazoo’s Customer Success team.
As an Associate Manager of Customer Success, you will become an expert in responding to inquiries related to all of Kazoo’s customers. You will be the liaison between the end user and multiple internal product groups including Customer Success, QA and Engineering. You will be responsible for relaying feedback regarding necessary improvements and changes. You should possess a thirst for data, and your decisions should be backed by said data. Further, you will also lead the Kazoo support team, mentoring and coaching the support specialists along the way.
The most successful candidates are those who thrive in an environment of constant change, are able to work proactively and independently to solve problems, and are extremely detail-oriented.
What awesome stuff you'll do:
- Develop best practices, combine processes and workflows, all while creating scalable efforts and efficiency.
- Have regular 1:1s with the support specialists and analysts, setting goals and helping them grow within the organization.
- Establish training and use support analytics to define opportunities for process and product improvement.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of the Kazoo product and features to provide world class Customer Support.
- Possess a sense of urgency and take ownership of resolving a user’s issue from start to end.
- Ability to think creatively and to use the resources available to you to troubleshoot difficult issues and communicate effectively to customers.
- Manage the Customer Success JIRA board and lead weekly JIRA meetings.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product & QA teams to implement changes via user feedback and complaints.
- Oversee the development of Customer Success metrics and dashboards, providing the organization visibility into day to day performance and customer satisfaction.
- Help develop the strategy around at-risk SMB accounts, utilizing Pendo to provide proactive reports to our Program Management team, leading to greater SMB engagement and renewals.
- Lead and Mentor the Customer Success Analyst to develop big-picture ideas, resulting in increased transparency into our customer experience and account health.
- Manage the reward vendor relationship, ensuring the CS team is up to date on all changes and work to improve the offering to our customers.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Minimum of two years of experience supporting a consumer-facing web company.
- Minimum of 1-2 years leading and growing a support team, managing metrics and support escalations.
- Experience telling a story through data, as well as presenting those stories to senior leaders.
- Collaborative problem solver, comfortable partnering with other leaders to develop a winning strategy.
- Passionate about being a voice for the user and naturally curious.
- Must be able to work with some ambiguity and motivated to find solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of customer support principles and practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional problem solving and follow-up skills.
- Self-starter who can prioritize workload.
- Must be extremely detail oriented.
- Experience with Freshdesk, Salesforce, Pendo and/or JIRA a plus.
- Experience with M&A a plus.
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 11 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.