Associate Technical Support Engineer at Khoros
At Khoros, our passion is to help the world's best brands create customers for life. We build products we're proud of, and we're passionate about customer success. As part of the Vista Equity family, you'll receive best in class development opportunities and the ability to work with customers like Samsung, HP, Sony and Visa.
The Khoros engagement platform comprises Online Community, Social Media Management and Messaging products for social customer service, social support and social media marketing teams to listen, respond and act on customer conversations - creating deep relationships and fostering brand loyalty and advocacy.
The best Fortune 1000 companies in the world trust Khoros to help them build closer, more personalized and trusted relationships with their customers. Some of our clients: HP, Samsung, and LiveNation (to name a few). We are a Vista Equity Partners portfolio company, growing fast and adding new products to our platform organically and inorganically.
The Associate Technical Support Engineer role is entry level technically and is responsible for ensuring that our customers are communicated with, our internal staff members are followed up on, and dealing with the bulk of our straightforward technical questions. Here's where you'd be able to make a difference:
- Monitor requests through multiple channels including email and phone, providing support and respond to queries from our customers in an accurate and timely manner
- Escalate problems to the correct teams where appropriate
- Resolving simple requests without needing to escalate
- Identifying documentation requirements in our knowledge base
- Maintaining our high standards for customer communication and response times
- Engaging in training opportunities on our products and key technical areas
This position has 12PM - 8PM CST working hours as part of a global operation, so please be aware of this prior to applying.
We need a customer focused individual with an enthusiasm for technology and social media and who loves engaging with people. We're looking for someone who gets a kick out of helping their colleagues as well as solving problems for customers. There'll be plenty of opportunities to learn about our products and develop your career in a technical or customer-centric direction.
As part of a global 24/7 support team, occasional rotation within an on-call system for specific weeks or weekends may be required, so please be aware of this prior to applying.
- Some experience in customer and/or technical support roles
- Demonstrable interest in software and technology
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Able to communicate effectively between teams and individuals of varying technical expertise
- An overall desire to grow a career in a technical support role
- Able to multitask effectively while working on customer issues
Education (Preferred, not Required)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field Technical or support certifications such as HDI, ITIL, MCSA: SQL or Oracle SQL Expert
This role is budgeted in the $40 - $48K base salary range. Salary will ultimately be based on a candidate's experience and external market factors.