Billing Systems Analyst at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
Cloudflare’s Enterprise Engineering Team builds and runs software and systems that make Cloudflare run more efficiently and enable our customers and partners to do business with us. Enterprise Engineering is part of the CIO organizationWhat you'll do
- Develop and maintain backend billing system configurations, accounting system workflows and product configurations in the Order to Cash flow
- Provide support and maintenance for the self-service subscription billing application within the Development, Test and Production environments
- Participate in systems analysis, general systems design, and detailed systems design.
- Monitor and maintain integrations with backed billing system, tax systems, payment gateways and billing eco systems
- Respond promptly to application alerts, production issues and follow through to resolution per established SLAs
- Effectively communicate issue status to internal stakeholders
- Maintain in-depth functional knowledge of the supported applications and interdependencies
- Generate, test, and document program code and scripts. Debug and resolve problems
- Partner with the Revenue accounting team to document and re-engineer current processes within business applications.
- Identify gaps and opportunities for automation and work on Proof of concepts for new requirements as appropriate
- Work closely with the accounting team in bringing efficiencies to their monthly close process and improve upon existing system reporting needs
- Work with external vendors and product support teams to troubleshoot systems issues as they arise
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of the application in operation, including tasks related to identifying issue root cause(s), troubleshooting issues, and issue resolution, dispatch to partner teams, and/or escalation
- Develop procedures for the solution of well-defined routine business problems with a high level of reliability, execution and speed
- Seek opportunities to streamline and/or automate procedures
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 3+ years experience with a subscription billing system (eg. Stripe, Zuora, Oracle BRM, goTransverse Tract)
- 5+ years experience in systems analyst roles, implementing and supporting ERP applications such as Oracle, Netsuite, SAP or Workday Financials
- Business engagement and business analysis experience in implementing ERP systems is preferred
- Functional experience in the Order to Cash areas with focus on billing, revenue recognition and GL is preferred
- Understanding of business Financial processes including but not limited to:
- Order to cash process
- Accounting/ booking
- Revenue recognition
- Financial month end reconciliation
- Demonstrated experience working with business functions to understand and map processes to functional and technical specifications
- Fluency with writing queries any one database language MySQL/ BigQuery/ Oracle
- Ability to develop and maintain automation scripts for billing platform in any scripting languages like python, Go
- Possess excellent communication skills – written and oral, interpersonal and organizational.
- Strong documentation skill writing functional/ technical specs
- Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities with competing priorities
- Proven track record of delivering successful large-scale, business transformation, and multi-disciplinary change initiatives especially in Subscription/SaaS model
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
188.8.131.52: We released 184.108.40.206 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.