Billings Operations Coordinator (US - East Coast) at Elastic
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones, and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Finance team is seeking a BI to join our Billings Operations teamWhat You Will Be Doing:
You will help to ensure our growing customer base has their questions answered accurately and in timely manner.
- Working directly with customers to understand and resolve their issues via email or sometimes phone
- Managing, prioritizing, and tracking your work in a case management system
- Investigating customer issues in various business systems, and when not able to resolve the issue directly, working with other departments within Elastic as needed to resolve issues
- Understanding and helping us improve our business systems and processes to avoid issues in the first place
- Perform root cause analysis and problem solve
- Maintain and update customer records
High level of enthusiasm and pride in your work, you have a strong ability to learn, and you see change and challenges as opportunities to make things better.
You have experience in a fast-paced, high-growth, global environment and you are no stranger to building and optimizing the processes necessary to keep us growing without stumbling.
If that's you, hopefully you also have:
- 3+ years of professional experience in a customer-facing position
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention-to-detail
- Creative problem solving skills
- Strong ability to work independently and prioritize in distributed, dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact with customers and other teams
- Accustomed to working with case management system, with defined SLA (Service Level Agreements) and Objectives
- Positivity! We each love what we do and believe that a positive attitude matters
- Experience with Netsuite and Salesforce
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Double your charitable giving - we match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing [email protected] Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at [email protected] Elastic’s data protection officer is Daniela Duda, who can be contacted at [email protected] We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which your skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement.