MongoDB is seeking an experienced Business Continuity Manager, to manage the implementation and day-to-day functions related to creating and maintaining Business Continuity Plans and Procedures, while also managing Disaster Recovery operations within the company. This position will regularly interface with senior management and regulatory auditors.
The BCM will be responsible for the following:
Continuity Planning: Develop and maintain Business Continuity and Recovery plans for critical groups within MongoDB. Assess autonomous plans, coordinate with their owners to create a comprehensive Disaster Response Program. Monitor the business continuity plan development, and report on scheduled deliverables from each team to senior management.
Business Recovery: Develop and Maintain recovery Procedures which govern the operations of MongoDB. This includes personnel, in-house assets, and cloud based technology.
Risk Management: Work closely with our Audit and Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) teams in maintaining the processes and controls created to mitigate risks at MongoDB.
Contingency Planning: Identify potential business interruptions (such as pandemics or natural disasters) and provide training, documentation and best business practice guidance on handling such events.
Emergency Response: Take ownership during emergencies and coordinate the response, in conjunction with senior management.
This is a critically important role and a great opportunity to enhance our Business Continuity Management Team, and help scale MongoDB Inc. to support our customer’s needs. MongoDB is a breakthrough company that is disrupting a $40B market. This position has significant growth potential and we’re looking for someone who is excited to take initiative and help lead. This position is based out of our New York City Headquarters, but we are supportive of a remote worker position also.
The right candidate for this role will have:
- Technical understanding of the “5 Rs of recovery planning:
- Must have at least 5 years experience in risk and recovery project management
- The ability to work in a fast-paced tech environment, managing multiple large scale projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate clearly to various levels of management (including executive management), across various business functions (including engineering)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Security, Information Systems Management, Information Technology Auditing or related relevant field.
- A strong understanding of Cloud Environments, Linux and Windows systems
- An enthusiastic spirit -- you enjoy conquering challenges across a broad range of disciplines
- Experience interfacing with technical and non-technical persons on business continuity and recovery topics
- Position is based in New York City office but open to remote candidates
- Manage various relationships both internally and externally regarding our Business Continuity program
- Interface with MongoDB product managers to drive Business Continuity Planning requirements
- Act as a key point of contact during a BCP event
- Manage and perform periodic tabletop exercises to test our existing plans
- Manage and help grow a Business Continuity Planning team
- Develop metrics to measure the performance of the MongoDB BCP program
- Define roadmaps and necessary capabilities for future BCP needs
- Be a subject matter expert on BCP efforts for MongoDB Inc.
- Assist in adjusting existing relevant policies to align company objectives with BCP needs
The Manager will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks:
- People: Collaborate with others to understand our Business Continuity Planning needs
- Organization: Ability to manage multiple parallel efforts and prioritize resources based upon understanding and interpreting business needs
- Communication: Successfully communicate your recommendations and rationale to both technical and non-technical management
- Research: Gather and analyze feedback from internal stakeholders and develop pragmatic recommendations with respect to BCP initiatives
- Customer Service: Provide world class customer service when interfacing with MongoDB Teams
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*