Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
As the Business Operations Manager for Atlassian Customer Success and Innovation (CSI), you will own the systems, processes, and information that help our teams scale. You will drive insights, support strategic planning and investments, as well as continuous improvement across our everyday execution. Our teams drive success in the largest customer accounts from pre-sales through log term relationship and success management. This role is a critical business partner for our global leadership as we continue to innovate the future of work at Atlassian for our customers.
In this role, you will get to:
- Develop and lead the CSI Business Operations team of analysts, systems owners, and ops professionals.
- Engage with global CSI leadership to identify reporting, systems, and process needs.
- Operationalize standard methodologies across systems to drive efficiency at scale.
- Proactively identify gaps or areas for improvement working with leadership and the ops team to define and deliver solutions.
- Actively coordinate the business unit budget to ensure alignment with goals and projections; provide updates on financial status and projections, margins, and P&L analysis.
- Provide partners with insights on the operational health of the business including key metrics in service delivery, financial health, and OKRs.
- Continuously partner across other operational teams including IT, Data Engineering, Sales Tech, Sales Ops, Finance, and Commerce to establish balanced, positive relationships.
- Make data-informed decisions and define metrics to measure progress on operations initiatives.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 10+ years of running business operations for technical success or professional services teams
- 4+ years of people management experience
- Hands-on experience handling budgets and org level P&L
- Consultative approach to continuous improvement up and down the organization
- A data-driven approach to surfacing operational risks, gaps, and opportunities for automation and improvements in efficiency
- Proven track record of supporting rapid organizational growth
- Experience with team tooling or systems selection, implementation, and roll-out
- Deep understanding of professional services business models or customer success monetization
- Understanding of new monetization streams and the accompanying organizational design
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills with creativity in problem-solving
- Ability to switch from critical thinking to steadfast execution
- Strong ability to collaborate remotely with other team members and partners in a high-velocity environment
More about the CSI team
It’s all right there in the name when you join the Atlassian Customer Success and Innovation team you are at the heart of empowering our customers to do more with our products as they unleash the potential in their teams. You will support customer success by pursuing challenges head-on and providing unparalleled knowledge and standard methodologies around our solutions. We are big on distributed teamwork and are passionate about our customer-first culture. Working in this team at Atlassian, you'll have a direct impact on some of our biggest accounts, fast. You won't get frustrated with bureaucracy or slow decision-making because we encourage innovative thinking. We don't just want to know your perspectives; we want to see your ideas in action. We hire great people and then trust them to be great!
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.