At Atlassian, we are on a mission to reinvent B2B selling. We know that classic high-pressure B2B sales tactics don't work anymore. We have built a billion-dollar, fast-growing business without any of those tactics, based on high-quality products, free trials, and an intense focus on customer satisfaction. Those happy Customers convert to paying Customers, creating a prolific "Flywheel" that has delivered 120,000+ customers to date. We believe that there is an opportunity to more proactively engage with our customers through direct, value-added outbound engagements, and through our growing network of over 550 global Solution Partners.
The Channel Business Operations Manager will help support the growth and continued expansion of our partner ecosystem, currently contributing to over a third of our bookings through solution-lead sales, consulting/services, and local market engagement with our customers.
We are looking for a Channel Business Operations Manager that will work with teams to troubleshoot problems, make sure that systems are working well together, be a critical thinker, suggest solutions, improve workflows, prepare reports and analysis that will help improve the OKRs of the team. We're looking for that unique blend of someone who is good with data, can use that data to make improvements and drive those improvements in systems, workflow, and processes, and adoption, as well as day-to-day operational support and project management. You will work with key stakeholders and management in Sales Strategy, the Global Channel organization, Marketplace, and other cross-functional teams to implement solutions composed of business processes, systems infrastructure, and/or shared services execution.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Understand Atlassian's Channel Programs, their requirements, and benefits, and ensure effective support of those programs.
- Support day-to-day operations of our channel programs and tools, including service desk support for internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner with stakeholders on metrics development and reporting for any given project and our channel tools. ie. LMS.
- Develop and support daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and dashboards that will help improve the OKRs of the team.
- Tell compelling stories based on data analysis to communicate problems, solutions, progress, and milestones storylines.
- Effectively drive presentation development, including communications and reporting technical progress across all sales operations functions (e.g. change management, performance management, technology development, post-metrics project success, hyper care) to relevant stakeholders.
- Lead projects end-to-end, working with cross-functional teams across field operations to identify areas of improvement and to propose and implement solutions.
- Triage project intake for reporting, BAU, or feature projects. Manage initial feature project intake and identify cross-functional team dependencies.
- Mentor team on project management standards.
- Experiment with Atlassian tools and find ways to incorporate into our internal Channel Operations processes to improve productivity and team collaboration
- Collaborate with our Channel leadership team and Partner managers for roadmap planning and prioritization
- Collaborate with reporting and analytics teams to ensure we are tracking the right metrics for the business to measure/monitor the health and effectiveness of partners, programs, products and specific routes to market
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Sales/Business Operations or enterprise systems implementation project management within a SaaS company or in a consulting environment.
- Excellent business acumen. You are familiar with traditional B2B sales environments. You engage confidently with the user community, ranging from people who execute processes daily to executive management. Able to identify assumptions made by business stakeholders about needs and solution approaches, then develop and execute methods to validate them.
- You have a natural talent for solution design. You strive to keep processes as simple as possible while delivering key business objectives.
- Data-centric and analytical with fine attention to detail, but can also see the bigger picture.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work/influence across organizational and subject matter boundaries, especially between business and IT teams. You also are sufficiently versed in IT to negotiate scope and assess basic levels of efforts required for implementation.
- You revere Agile methodologies. We will conduct lots of experiments and count on you to fail fast, but succeed often.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools (including Jira and confluence), agile project management methodologies, and best practices
- Experience rolling out significant programs within a sales or quote-to-cash organization, from project justification (ROI) to requirements gathering, solution design, cross-functional execution to launch and change management.
- You see opportunities for improvement everywhere around you and are ready to swim-lane them all out.
- You have advanced experience with Excel. Bonus points for experience with SQL, Python, and Salesforce.
- Experience with Salesforce, Partner Communities, or other PRM solutions
- You enjoy working independently and thrive in fast-paced environments.
- Team player at heart.
- An extreme sense of ownership and responsibility. You get $#!t done.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .