Channel Director at Brightpearl
Come join one of 2021’s Best Places to Work in the heart of downtown Austin. Brightpearl is the number one Retail Operating System for brands and retailers. We manage everything ‘after the buy button’ so that our customers can focus on growing their business. “People First” is one of our core company values, so before we get too into your day to day, here’s a taster of what we bring to the table:
- The opportunity to work with talented people
- A transparent leadership team
- Flexible working and generous holiday allowances
And that’s not all. Check out our perks and benefits to see what else we offer!About the Role
Following significant and sustained growth, we’re looking for an experienced, detail-oriented and passionate senior channel leader to establish, build, and execute Brightpearl’s Valued Added Reseller (VAR) strategy. Successful candidates will have demonstrable previous experience of building, creating, and executing a VAR program to significantly contribute to the company’s success, and will have led teams in the SaaS, ERP, Accounting, or similar sectors.
You will be responsible for accelerating our business through VARs in the US to market, sell, implement, and support Brightpearl products and services, aiming for Europe in 2023.
Our ideal candidate is a true ‘channels person’ with a deep understanding and passion for channel architecture and design. We are looking for a strong communicator, who can work cross functionally to launch the program in 2022.Your Day-to-Day
- You will be responsible for driving and implementing Brightpearl’s go to market VAR strategy together with the team to launch the first revenue from onboarded partners in 2022
- You will own the management sponsorship and execution with strategic partners
- You will develop the VAR program and partner offer
- Partner relationships are key, and you will be an ambassador for Brightpearl’s VAR strategy internally and externally
- You will lead partner recruitment through effective profiling and qualification
- Working with the partner enablement and training team, guiding partners through the certification and accreditation process
- You will work with the Brightpearl Operations team to design internal and external processes to ensure partner success
- You will be experienced in hiring, training and coaching a team of VAR partner managers, enabling them to excel in their roles
- You will be responsible for the ongoing relationship management
- Use appropriate strategies to monitor progress and performance of the team and partners
- Responsible for developing guidelines, processes, and procedures for assigned functional area
- Responsible for resource allocation, including budget and personnel
- Makes strategic decisions based on company goals and objectives
- Recruit, retain, coach, motivate, and develop the team to reach full potential through 121 feedback and performance review, making sure that clear goals and priorities are set, ensuring effective communications and that the Channel team runs efficiently by instilling a business partnering culture.
- A passionate channel leader with demonstrable experience leading, building, and managing channel teams
- Ideal candidates will have experience with ERP and/or Accounting Systems
- A trusted individual with strong ties with the enterprise reseller community and an extremely positive reputation
- A results driven person with resilience, optimism, and passion about our business and VAR partners
- A coach with a strong ability to motivate the team, investing in their growth and development
- Extensive experience working with and managing reseller partners of all levels and sizes with channel leadership experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to influence and drive others throughout the organisation including at an executive and board level
- Being able to create a vision and lead your team to deliver on that vision
- Excellent communicator with exceptional presentation skills and the ability to boil down complex topics into clear and easily understandable messages
- Flawless organizational and project management capabilities with the ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities
- Excellent analytical skills
- Join one of Austin’s Best Places to Work 2021
- Competitive compensation package: salary, medical benefits, 20 days of annual PTO and 12 Holidays and Your Birthday
- Work from home flexibility
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beer on tap
- Work downtown Austin in an open and vibrant workspace
- Enjoy frequent Company events, team building activities and after hour socials
- We’re an energetic and inclusive organization
- We believe in promoting a healthy work-life balance and support remote working with management approval.
- Check us out on Built In Austin to get more of an insight on what it’s like to work with us!
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we collaborate and learn from each other is core to Brightpearl’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a supportive place to work.