Channel Manager, General Contractor at Billd
Billd is an exciting new FinTech company transforming the way construction companies finance projects. Billd is well funded, has its product in the market and has been recently featured in VentureBeat, Austin Business Journal and Modern Contractor Solutions as one of the innovation leaders in this space.
We believe in attracting and hiring the best and brightest. We are looking for talented, motivated professionals to join our growing team. At Billd, you will be challenged to be your best self and guaranteed to have one of the most professionally rewarding experiences of your career.
We’re looking for a dynamic, high-performing Director of Channel Sales to drive Billd’s general contractor strategy. This role will be responsible for seeking new partnerships with general contractors which results in customer acquisition, and decreases Billd’s risk financing construction materials. The ideal candidate has a history of developing partnerships and loves the challenges that come with integrating a new product into the market.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience (1) sourcing and negotiating partnerships, (2) developing new products/programs, and (3) either has experience working for a GC or selling into the construction ecosystem.
- Own GC strategy, partner acquisition and revenue generated from the channel
- Build the GC product from the ground floor by performing customer insights and needs analysis
- Prospect, train, and manage relationships with GCs from $10M - $5B in annual revenue
- Onboard new GC partners including education on the Billd platform, products, and financing process
- Consistently meet and exceed target material financing origination volume goals
- Conduct both in-person (when it’s safe to travel) and virtual demos to activate GC partnerships
- Report metrics and findings to management which will influence the strategic direction of the GC channel
- Responsible for increasing revenue, lowering risk, and improving customer experience through GC partnerships
- Serve as the first line of defense in any GC disputes
- Work with Product, Technology, Risk, Marketing and Sales teams to effectively scope, structure and launch GC channel
- Manage complex contract negotiation and work with legal counsel as required
- Demonstrate a broad comprehension of the customer's needs and priorities, as well as market trends, major players, and industry challenges.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant prior work experience at a GC or in business development, management consulting, investment banking and/or private equity
- Experience launching new programs that disrupt the market
- Documented history of achieving quantifiable goals as well as experience negotiating highly complex agreements
- Experience in construction, finance, and/or technology preferred
- The ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
- Impactful writing and presentation skills, with the ability to convey compelling messages in small and large group settings, both in-person and remotely
- A strong sense of teamwork and team-focused mindset
- Experience in a high growth company is preferred
- The ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, metric-driven environment
- Excellent written and oral communication