Chief of Staff, CPO at DISCO
DISCO is looking for a Chief of Staff to support the Chief Product Officer, as well as to work collaboratively with multiple organizations within the company to help drive the success of DISCO. The CoS operates at a tactical, strategic, and operational level, often handling the oversight of projects that do not neatly fit within the organizational chart or that fall between departments or leader’s areas of responsibility. The most successful Chiefs of Staff dynamically integrate these responsibilities and can track the flow of a relationship, project, or initiative from end-to-end.
The position is diverse and a Chief of Staff wears many hats inside a company. They interact with nearly all levels and departments of a business. A CoS must be people-oriented, objective, and communicate well with different personality types. It’s also helpful to have the ability to think ahead and catch problems before they arise.Your Impact
- A Chief of Staff allows the Executive to scale and it gives them back their most important resource: time. Thanks to the behind-the-scenes work of a CoS, Executives are able to make better and faster decisions, have greater ability to drive high performance by developing deeper relationships with their team, and are more equipped to hold people accountable to their commitments.
- You will contribute to the strategic leadership of the CPO organization through acting as a sounding board to the executive, providing data-driven recommendations and company climate considerations.
- You will oversee large, cross-functional organization-wide initiatives including taking ownership of communications, budgeting, team management and event planning as directed by the executive.
Direct Support to the Executive
- Setting a leader’s strategic priorities: helping a leader identify the areas where they must direct their focus and identifying metrics for success. Revisiting regularly and evaluating progress.
- Meeting preparation and follow up: reviewing upcoming meetings for the week to ensure the leader has all of the information needed to be as productive as possible. Send out agendas or documents to meeting attendees as necessary. Take meeting notes and track meeting action items.
- Manage internal and external communications: writing first drafts of decks, emails, documents etc. for the Executive.
- Keep the Executive abreast of current company climate (employee wellbeing, project statuses, new proposals, etc.)
- Help complete priority items for the Executive to an appropriate level of quality.
- Keep the Executive accountable for commitments, while helping keep reports accountable for results.
- Act as a gatekeeper for the Executive by assessing all inquiries and determining which meetings take priority.
Meeting & Event Preparation
- Managing the meeting cadence for the leadership team, ensuring materials are sent in advance, time is well spent, and objectives are achieved.
- Planning and leading company kickoffs, offsites, and other special events.
- Plan and help lead annual strategic planning for the department.
- Support the Executive on initiatives by bringing together important stakeholders and helping to drive decisions.
- Tracking high priority initiatives for the Executive and identifying any obstacles.
- Researching, benchmarking, analyzing data, and making recommendations.
- Propose the creation of new systems and processes to streamline operations.
- Creating and updating dashboards and metrics for reviewing key performance indicators.
- Running the annual budget cycle process (e.g., helping department heads prepare their budget materials for presentation to the Executive).
- Preparing and running quarterly business reviews.
- Creating and updating monthly dashboards to track changes in key metrics.
- Providing decision support through data gathering, information analyzing, and presenting considerations to relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate strategic business initiatives and guide to completion.
- Identifying and taking on ad hoc strategic projects (e.g., executing key initiatives or closing any operational gaps).
- Defining and researching new ideas and process improvements.
- Assisting in building out a new business unit.
- Help coordinate business-wide procedures and work to improve existing processes for maximum clarity, efficiency, and success.
- Leads team culture and community.
- Work with department heads on various cross-functional tasks/projects.
- Act as a central source of information related to the department.
- Help align department heads on internal processes.
- Build strong relationships with employees and oversee their progress, noting any issues or successes.
- Oversee procurement of software and hardware needed by the department.
- 3+ years of experience as a Chief of Staff or Executive Assistant (or equivalent experience) at a high tech company.
- Proven track record of effectively interacting with and supporting senior management.
- Strong ability to think strategically and proactively in order to make recommendations that align strategy with action.
- Proven creative thinker with strong business acuity.
- Detail-oriented and data-driven.
- Ability to analyze and compile large sets of data and present effective reports.
- Proficiency with G Suite products.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build trust.
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments.
- Ability to successfully organize, lead, and direct teams of people.
- Possess an encouraging, can-do attitude.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient.
- Strong time management and multitasking skills.
- Experienced with coordinating and managing projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field.
- Supported a product strategy or product management or product marketing team.
- Experience with budgeting and financial reporting.
- Experience with hiring.
- Have experience in a high growth SaaS business environment.
DISCO provides a cloud-native, artificial intelligence-powered legal solution that simplifies ediscovery, legal document review and case management for enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and governments. Our scalable, integrated solution enables legal departments to easily collect, process and review enterprise data that is relevant or potentially relevant to legal matters.
In 2020, 171 law firms in the 2020 AmLaw 200 used DISCO in the course of legal work on behalf of their clients. More than 800 enterprises, law firms, legal services providers and government organizations are DISCO customers.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k) (EU coming soon)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.