Chief of Staff
Are you looking for your next professional challenge? Do you want to play a pivotal role in a well-funded, innovative startup disrupting the legal industry? CS Disco is looking for a Chief of Staff for our CFO. This role is a superb opportunity for you to gain exposure to a rapidly growing startup and work across the entire spectrum of the company.
You will actively partner with internal teams across the company as well as external partners, suppliers, investors, and clients. We are building something great at Disco and we need you to help us take it to the next level. This role is at our company headquarters at 3700 N. Capital of Texas Highway, Suite 150, in Austin, Texas.
Who You Are
- You have an undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- You possess strong written, verbal, and presentation skills, including influencing senior-level staff with clear and compelling communication
- You have high standards for your work and you are self-motivated, with demonstrated attention to detail
- You are able to anticipate and head off problems before they arise and solve problems quickly when they do
- You can provide discretion, trustworthiness, and loyalty.
What You’ll Do
- Logistics. You will be a senior-level liaison both internally and externally, which may include managing calendar, communications, travel, and access for the CFO. You will work with senior-level counterparts at customers, partners, suppliers, and investors as well as the CFO’s direct reports and other employees. This includes reading, screening, and processing all email and calls directed to the CFO and using judgment to call out issues as appropriate.
- Communications. You will prepare talking points and decks for all hands, senior staff, product, investor, and customer meetings and presentations at conferences and trade shows. You will be a sounding board for the CFO, including giving critical feedback on drafts and messaging and independently crafting both content and presentations. This involves understanding the CFO’s desired messaging and working to communicate it effectively to a diverse set of audiences.
- Project Management. You will lead projects internally, ensuring follow-through on CFO priorities, managing a list of projects in-flight with actionable next steps, and assembling data and input for the CFO.
- Meetings. You will act as the CFO’s proxy in internal meetings as appropriate; manage agendas and take notes on discussion and action items at meetings that include the CFO, including senior staff, quarterly executive off-sites, product meetings, and board meetings.
- Recruitment. You will shepherd senior-level candidates through the interview and recruitment process at Disco, including those for C-suite or VP-level roles as well as independent board seats.
- Personal Assistant. You will at times handle personal matters and relationships for the CFO.
Perks of DISCO
- Competitive salary plus discretionary bonus
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance as well as 401k
- Flexible PTO
- Free catered lunches every day as well as free snacks and beverages
- Opportunity to be a part of a startup that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
Location and travel requirements
This role will work full time from the DISCO headquarters in Austin, TX with occasional travel within the US and abroad as required.
Who We Are
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology — and we’re just getting started.
Founded in 2012, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO as their ediscovery solution for compliance, disputes, and investigations.
Annual company revenues have more than doubled every year since our founding. We have raised more than $135 million in venture capital, more than any other enterprise legal tech company. We are using this investment to accelerate growth in the $12.5 billion ediscovery market — and to expand our platform beyond ediscovery, applying our unique combination of world-class engineering and deep legal expertise to build products that will transform other areas of legal practice. We opened our London office in 2018 and have plans to further expand our presence outside the United States.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!
More about us:
- Our objective is to own the legal tech market and become the leader in legal tech as Salesforce has done in the sales technology space.
- Our fundamental mission includes building a unified technology platform for the practice of law, composed of multiple products released over the next 10 years.
- DISCO is automating the parts of the practice that can be automated so that great lawyers can focus on tasks that really do require human legal judgment.
- To date, we have substantially disrupted the legal tech market with a lawyer-inspired consumer-grade interface and a cloud-enabled technology platform that offers unprecedented performance and cost savings.
- DISCO has raised $135 million, more than any other enterprise legal tech company. This investment reflects the market’s consolidation behind DISCO as the leading cloud eDiscovery platform and the growing customer consensus that cloud eDiscovery will replace legacy eDiscovery services vendors and software providers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.