Chief of Staff at FloSports
FloSports' Chief of Staff will provide senior staff and project support to the CEO and Executive Team. In this role, the Director will work closely with the leadership team on various initiatives, projects and team-wide processes that drive the effectiveness of the organization. This role will require close work with individuals at all levels within the Company. Exemplary integrity, business analysis, project management, and communication skills are also key attributes.
- Drive execution of the CEO's key priorities across various areas of the business, ranging from active monitoring to leading specific initiatives in partnership with internal company stakeholders
- Manage the team’s quarterly and annual planning processes (e.g. agenda, content, follow-up), while also continuously evolving their designs to match the needs of the business
- Coordinate biweekly and monthly executive team meetings, and other meetings/programs that facilitate swift and effective issue resolution across the company
- Partner with our finance organization to standardize and distribute the key operating metrics for the business;
- Partner with key members of the executive team to drive process improvements
- Execute individual, ad hoc projects for CEO on a wide-range of business topics, addressing important issues that don’t directly fall into one specific function but are important issues to address
- Provide a conduit for appropriate information flow between CEO and his management team
- Support finance team in preparation process for Board of Directors meetings. This includes agenda management, creating content for the CEO, interfacing with other contributors, synthesizing meeting discussion to actionable next steps, and follow-up
- Partner with Human Resources and Communications to plan and execute C-level communication to internal and external audiences on a regular basis
- Partner with Finance and Analytics teams to execute long-term and annual planning on an ongoing basis
- MBA or equivalent business degree required. Minimum of 5 years post-MBA experience required
- Preference for candidates who have a minimum of 3 years experience in top tier management consulting or investment banking firms earlier in their careers (post undergraduate degree or post-MBA)
- Ideal candidates will come from challenging operating environments with proven track record of addressing growth challenges
- Structured problem solver with excellent quantitative/qualitative analytical capabilities
- Ability to disaggregate complex content into clear understanding of the situation, issues/drivers, and actionable next steps
- Ability to present and communicate ideas in both written and oral forms with high quality ‘C-level ready’ output
- Broad-based set of functional business experience, spanning key operating areas
- Demonstrated ability to lead project teams, work cross functionally and think both critically and strategically
- Effective multi-tasker with good process orientation and attention to detail without losing sight of the 'big picture'
- Able to develop rapport with all levels of the organization and lead through influence
- Ability to work in unstructured environments with little supervision
- Sincere, trustworthy, high integrity
- Keeps the “best interests of Company” at heart
- Has a “senior management” mindset
- Adaptable team player
- Good communicator, able to use a range of styles and approaches
- Strong work ethic and results-oriented
- Drive to constantly learn and improve
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2006, FloSports is a venture-backed OTT subscription video streaming service dedicated to sports, offering live and on-demand access to hundreds of thousands of competition events across 25+ sports in the US and abroad. FloSports’ vision is to finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. With a growing library of more than 300,000 hours of premium content including news, expert commentary, films, documentaries and more, FloSports has established itself as an innovator and leader in sports streaming. Finally your sport has a home.
HOW WE DO IT:
We are the CEOs of our own work and are accountable for the tasks and responsibilities assigned to us. We take pride in creating the content that fans love. We row in the same direction and work together on our common vision. We build and strengthen our relationships through teamwork and respect. We embrace challenges, ask questions and are allowed to fail as long as we learn. We are passionate about building tribes and communities worth belonging to. We are innovative, curious, and have an appetite for making things better. Does this sound like you?
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
At FloSports, we are bonded by our passion for sports and our purpose to unite communities around experiences that finally give underserved sports the love they deserve. We recognize the need to build a company that seeks out, embraces, and celebrates our individual differences, ideas, and talent. FloSports is committed to the pursuit of a fair, equal and inclusive workplace where everyone is given the opportunity to grow to their fullest potential. As such, we are intentional in our hiring practices in an effort to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. FloSports has adopted the “blind recruiting” process, which aims to open this opportunity to more candidates, help us be more objective in how we review applicants and mitigate bias in our decision making processes.
- Recognized as one of 2020’s Top Workplaces by the Austin-American Statesman
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Peace of mind through company-paid short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- Generous 401(K) company match
- Progressive parental leave policies
- Flexible paid vacation and work environment
- Free laundry service for all positions that require travel
- Company sponsorship donation to youth teams coached by our employees
- Bring your dog to work- everyday!
- Stocked snack bar, catered lunch and breakfast tacos every week
- Modern and collaborative office environment