DISCO is conducting a search for an experienced and highly qualified Chief Information Officer (CIO) accountable for defining and delivering IT strategy and capabilities across the enterprise. This includes data analytics and business intelligence systems, IT support, infrastructure management, security, and technical services. The CIO will be responsible for defining, managing, and implementing an integrated corporate wide data warehouse to ensure our business leaders are using a single source of data to make accurate data-driven business decisions. In addition, they will be defining, managing, and implementing an enterprise-wide process map that will be used across all requisite business units. The CIO will be responsible for providing oversight and direction to IT and business leaders on strategy, standards, and opportunities for shared services and economies of scale.
The CIO is a key contributor to the company’s strategy and planning process and will be responsible for IT operations, enterprise-wide process management and for technology and digital innovation. It is critical for the CIO to build strong and productive relationships with all business unit leaders, acting as a true partner and making IT and process a business enabler. They will manage our IT team as well as our data analytics and internal applications team.Job Responsibilities:
- As a member of the senior management team, you make a key contribution to the formulation of the company’s business and digital strategies enabling scalable operations.
- Proactively advise the senior management team on the emerging technologies and digital trends that are most relevant to the company's goals and evolving needs.
- Help determine capital investment parameters, priorities, and risks for enterprise-wide IT initiatives to maximize the return on investment.
- Develop and manage an enterprise-wide “process map” working closely with business units to ensure clear integration points and requisite “process ownership”.
- Define, implement, and manage an integrated enterprise-wide data warehouse ensuring that all operational functions (Finance, Sales, Marketing, HR, Legal and Product Delivery) have access to the business metrics necessary to operate and support DISCO’s growth.
- Advise, define and drive the execution of a “best in class” information security strategy necessary to support a highly sensitive legal technology operational environment.
- Lead the data analytics and internal applications team that is responsible for developing and executing an analytics program that will allow internal business leaders to make data-based decisions.
- Develop an IT vision, strategy, and a roadmap, and lead the IT team and its business partners in effective execution.
- Ensure, on an ongoing basis, that current and planned technical architecture, investments and solutions are aligned with company business objectives.
- Prepare and monitor IT operational budgets that meet prevailing objectives and constraints.
- Build strong relationships with business groups and their leaders across the enterprise, and develop a detailed understanding of their issues, challenges, and opportunities so that a comprehensive enterprise process map and systems strategy can be defined and managed.
- Ensure transparency and collaboration between the IT organization and its business partners.
- Hire, develop, evaluate, reward, and retain a highly-qualified team of IT and data analytics professionals.
- Foster a culture of innovation, transparency, and accountability in IT.
- Promote a “business-first” mentality at all levels of the IT organization.
- Ensure that the team has strong systems analysis and project management skills, and the ability to execute business-critical projects.
- Develop and maintain a plan that provides for succession and continuity in the most critical IT management positions.
- Implement the most appropriate and effective IT organizational design to support and engage with the business.
- Direct the design the planning, implementation, and maintenance of the computing infrastructure that supports the company’s operations and business applications. This includes all desktop/endpoint device management (Mac and Windows), SAAS Solutions such as Salesforce, NetSuite, Google Docs, Slack, etc. and on-premise technologies such as Zoom Rooms and telephony infrastructure.
- Direct the design the planning, implementation, and maintenance of the organization-wide process map and business unit integration strategy.
- Establish metrics for managing IT effectiveness and for measuring the impact of IT on the business.
- Establish appropriate service levels and the processes to ensure that OKRs are met.
- Maintain oversight of all IT projects, ensuring that commitments are properly planned, staffed, monitored and reported.
- Establish a comprehensive enterprise information security program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of relevant data.
- Lead the design and implementation of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Establish and enforce IT policies, processes, portfolio management, development standards, and methodologies.
- Monitor the industry for developments in IT operations; evaluate and implement relevant new tools and service management frameworks.
- Review, recommend and oversee all vendors and managed service agreements for computing, telecommunications, IT services, and equipment.
Technical Experience and Skills
- 15+ years of career experience in technology, including a minimum of 10+ years in a leadership position required.
- 10+ years as a CIO or equivalent position in a fast-growing software technology company required.
- Demonstrated experience driving digital transformation and business growth through innovation and the implementation of technology.
- Prior experience building and managing an integrated corporate-wide data warehouse required.
- Cloud experience required.
- Experience with Redshift, Snowflake, and Tableau or similar data warehouse and reporting technologies required.
- Demonstrated experience defining and mapping enterprise-wide operational process map with cross-business integration.
- Experience designing and managing an effective IT governance framework across the spectrum of IT service delivery. Experience with SOC 2, ISO 27001 and FedRamp are desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement comprehensive approaches to cybersecurity and risk management.
- Must have experience with Salesforce integration and management. Netsuite, Google Docs, Pendo, Full Story, Slack are all desirable.
- Possesses solid knowledge in emerging technologies and vendor technology solutions, and the ability to apply these in the service of the company’s key business goals.
- Builder of strong technology vendor partnerships, and able to manage multiple vendor relationships to ensure the best performance and financial return.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; a technical degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field is preferred.
- IT leadership experience in a global environment required.
- Can create a clear strategic vision for information technology that supports business objectives, and can execute on that vision.
- Experience leading an Agile development organization is a plus.
- Able to work collaboratively with diverse leaders, communicate an IT vision and strategy across all levels of the organization, and build consensus around key initiatives and projects.
- Experience leading complex, major change initiatives; demonstrated skills in change management.
- Possesses exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written; able to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A strong background in operational and capital finances, and IT budget development
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire and motivate a high performing IT and data analytics team that values transparency and accountability.
- Possesses exceptional business acumen, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent negotiating skills with internal customers and external service providers.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; can handle the unexpected with flexibility.
- Experience in a federated structure with matrixed leadership responsibilities.
- A team player who favors collaborative approaches when working with internal and external partners.
- Proven ability to build trust with others through a commitment to the highest ethical and professional standards.
- A high energy executive; tenacious and passionate about reaching the goal, while keeping ego in check.
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology — and we’re just getting started.
Founded in 2012, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO as their ediscovery solution for compliance, disputes, and investigations.
Annual company revenues have more than doubled every year since our founding. We have raised more than $135 million in venture capital, more than any other enterprise legaltech company. We are using this investment to accelerate growth in the $12.5 billion ediscovery market — and to expand our platform beyond ediscovery, applying our unique combination of world-class engineering and deep legal expertise to build products that will transform other areas of legal practice. We opened our London office in 2018 and have plans to further expand our presence outside the United States.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401K
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Flexible PTO
- Free catered lunches every day as well as free snacks and beverages
- Opportunity to be a part of a startup that is revolutionizing the legal industry
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.