Client Retention Manager at Hippo Insurance
Role: Client Retention Manager
Location: Austin, TX (In Office Role- Willing to consider candidates for Relocation)
Reports To: Chief Revenue Officer
Hippo is modernizing the home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do, from the coverage we offer to the customer service we provide. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes to begin with by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers. Our CEO, Assaf Wand, views this company as an opportunity to care for one another like a family, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly).
- Flexible Paid Time Off
About This Role
As a Client Retention Manager, you will help us further our mission of protecting the joy of home ownership by providing the best experience to our customers. You will be responsible for managing, developing and supporting our Retention Team and its efforts to increase customer loyalty. This role will encompass people management, process creation, talent development, performance management and a myriad of other projects that will help us scale for rapid growth.
- You’ve got a proven history in leading teams in the Insurance industry
- Motivation is your superpower
- You’re able to develop & implement a humanized approach to KPI’s and performance management
- You’re a strong communicator, with the ability to connect with all types of people and leaders
- You have empathy for customers and the ability to analyze objections and present options to overcome said objections
- Focused on and responsible for the Retention team’s productivity and collective impact
- Meet regularly with the team to provide feedback on their work, helping them set goals and working with the Director of Insurance Operations to ensure their growth
- Communicating with customers to discover pain-points and present this information to leadership with suggestions of resolutions
- Develop aggressive retention strategies based on customer feedback
- Communicate best practices to the retention team
- Hire, retain, and grow retention team members into industry-leading professionals
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong experience overcoming objections in a sales/retention environment
- 5+ years of experience in managing people and leaders
- Experience and familiarity with P&C Insurance Products (TX Licensure a plus!)
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to help others solve problems
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.