SCHEDULE: Mon - Fri, traditional PST or EST hours
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Our team is expanding rapidly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about helping improve healthcare to join us.
We are looking for an energetic and customer-focused individual to join our dynamic and rapidly expanding Client Services team. The Client Services Specialist representative will be on the front-lines providing a complete and integrated customer experience across multiple service offerings to patients and healthcare professionals. They may handle a high volume of inbound phone calls to respond to client inquiries including but not limited to placing an order, types of test offerings, specimen requirements, medical billing, and many more. Additionally, they will work cross functionally with many departments such as the account team client service specialists, client relationship managers, sales, billing, and lab teams to provide an exceptional experience to our clients.
What you’ll do:
- Be well-versed in all Invitae products, processes, and policies in order to effectively solve client inquiries and complaints over the phone or email
- Spend approximately 75% of the day answering inbound phone calls from healthcare professionals, patients, and prospective customers
- Identify client’s needs, clarify information, research every issue, and provide solutions and/or alternatives to achieve client satisfaction
- Maintain clear records of client interactions, detailing the inquiry or complaint, as well as actions taken
- Primary point of contact and advocate for all patients getting tested with Invitae
- Initiate proactive follow up with internal and external clients
- Adopt a mindset of continuous process improvements that will enhance client satisfaction
- Take part in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge
- Ensure HIPAA, confidentiality and compliance policies, procedures and standards are adhered to
What you bring:
- 2+ years experience in a client-facing role, working for a company that is “customer obsessed”
- Industry experience in biotech, life sciences, and/or health care is a plus
- Experience taking a high-volume of inbound calls and/or chats is a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking capabilities in order to effectively handle heavy inbound call and email volume
- High level of customer empathy with active listening skills
- Enjoys problem-solving in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Bilingual a plus, but not a requirement
- Experience using Google Apps, Mac OS X, and CRM applications such as Salesforce
- This can be a remote position
By joining Invitae, you’ll work alongside some of the world’s experts in genetics and healthcare at the forefront of genetic medicine. We’ve created a culture that empowers our teams and our teammates to have the biggest impact and to explore their interests and capabilities. We prize freedom with accountability and offer significant flexibility, along with excellent benefits and competitive compensation in a fast-growing organization.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.