Remote - Anywhere in U.S.
Ciitizen is now Invitae
Bringing together the power of genomic and clinical information within a new kind of patient data platform to improve healthcare decision making at personal and systemwide levels. Learn more here.
Job Description: overall expectations and contributions to the company mission
At Ciitizen, we are passionate about empowering our patients in their medical journey. Each department and individual here works with purpose toward that end. As Annotator Supervisor in Neurology, you will play an exciting and valuable role in helping our Rare Disease patients!
Your position will be two-fold. In addition to abstracting clinical data, you will also supervise and mentor a team of data annotators.
Responsibilities: has the following responsibilities and duties
- Clinical data annotation (approximately 80% of your work)
- Use your clinical knowledge and attention to detail to generate research-quality data.
- Cultivate speed and accuracy to meet frequent deadlines.
- Attend weekly virtual staff and training meetings.
- Annotator supervision
- Model Ciitizen’s passion for helping patients find better treatment options and advancing clinical research.
- Focus on growing a high-performing team of expert annotators that furthers our company’s work.
- Monitor your team members’ performance for timeliness and quality, and provide individual guidance and remediation as needed.
- Act as first line of contact for questions and assistance, and be a resource on our team Slack channel.
- Co-lead weekly virtual group training meetings.
- Conduct bi-weekly one-on-one meetings with your team members.
- Interview job candidates, and assist with onboarding new annotators.
- Train new annotators.
- Participate in other projects and duties not otherwise specified.
Requirements: ie. education, experience, skills and abilities
- Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, or Genetic Counselor in good standing.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience (pediatrics, neurology, genetics).
- Prior leadership experience is a plus.
- Experienced with electronic medical records.
- Detail-oriented and precise.
- A self-starter, able to work independently.
- Able to focus on digital documents for extended periods of time.
- Technologically savvy, and a fast learner.
- Comfortable working remotely.
- Able to participate in team collaboration.
- Mission-driven and passionate about our work!
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.