Cloud Support Engineer (Jira Service Management) at Atlassian
Our Cloud SMB Support team is passionate about providing support and product expertise to all of our customers. We're looking for "take charge" people to join our team of engineers improving our support capabilities and quality for our Cloud customers. You will collaborate with product specialists within Jira Service Management and be trusted to exercise your own judgment to deliver superior customer service.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- A passion for providing legendary service to our Small and Medium-sized Business customers who are using Atlassian Cloud products.
- Keen problem solving skills with a unique ability to think on your feet.
- Comfort in always taking the initiative - a self-starter and self-organizer
- The ability to adapt quickly, be resourceful and resilient, and learn fast. Posses a growth mindset, systems thinking, and a solution-based approach.
- The ability to diagnose and fix technical issues in a timely manner and help customers get the most out of their Atlassian investment. If you excel at figuring out logic puzzles and logistics nightmares like planning activities with larger groups of people, then we bet you have the right stuff.
- Familiarity with IT Operations, Application Support, Cloud technologies, operating systems and SQL databases
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, CDN, Browser/Dev Tools, REST API/ HTTP, Mail, Database Queries and Java Source. You are comfortable using the command line.
- Really want to win us over? You can tell us about your experience using Jira Software
In the role you will:
- Serve as the customer's primary point of contact and own customer issues, from start to finish.
- Understand customer use cases, perform troubleshooting, devise and implement workarounds to product bugs.
- Be responsible for resolving customer configuration issues and responding to customer questions. Sometimes you won't know the right answer, but you're the kind of person who is always up for the challenge. You'll rely on your resources and quickly research a response - and sometimes you'll just have to Google it.
- Leverage your experience and operational know-how to not only identify gaps and opportunities but also to suggest potential solutions.
- Drive collaborative discussions within the Team, challenge thought processes and encourage peers to see them through.
- Work with APIs, REST payloads, REST endpoints, Atlassian product Integrations and 3rd party products to make recommendations to resolve customer issues.
- Provide ad-hoc guidance to customers, internal teams, Atlassian Solution Partners and others regarding how to properly implement Jira Work Management and Jira Software
- Periodically collaborate to develop and implement operational improvements. Also, you may be asked to represent Atlassian at events (Technical conferences, Meetups, etc.).
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .