Cloud Support Engineer, Trello at Atlassian
Customer support at Trello is different.
To start with, we let our customers decide if they want to pay us or not. Seriously. If our customers are not amazingly happy, they get their money back with no questions asked. Our front line staff is empowered to make our customers happy. Usually, it means tapping a broad range of resources, whether that's making sure you have all the right software or working directly with an engineer to troubleshoot a case. You'll have what you need to get the job done.
You will not be glued to the queue. Sure, we need to get back to customers via email-that will always be there-but support is so much more than grinding through an inbox. This is a real problem-solving job. You'll have an incredible amount of autonomy in determining how best to contribute your talents and skills to Trello. Think a short video will help customers get started? Make it. Want to write a script to help a customer with the API? Go for it. There's plenty of room for creativity and technical exploration when it comes to better serving our customers.
The other side of support is working with the other teams at Trello. All of our teams-engineering, marketing, sales, etc-benefit from support's role in working directly with customers. It will be your job to determine how we can serve them as effectively as possible.
This is a fully remote position that will be working on West Coast hours.
In this role, you'll get to
- Contribute to how we think about and improve our support, by experimenting with new methods to help customers, whether that be with new tools, self-help options, or entirely new channels.
- Develop cross-functional relationships with Product, Design, and Engineering teams, so that Support continues to be a key driver of product improvement/quality and customer insight.
- Engage customers via multiple channels, including email (tickets), social channels, and video calls.
And day-to-day, you will
- Resolve customer issues involving troubleshooting, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis.
- Help coordinate release readiness.
- Create and curate internal and external knowledge-base documentation.
- Participate in interviews and onboarding, to help our team grow.
- Participate in weekend and holiday rotation and/or on-call as required.
So, on the first day, we'll expect you have
- 2-4 years of customer or technical support experience.
- Experience providing email support as a primary job responsibility.
- Basic understanding of operating systems and databases.
- Familiarity with browser developer tools to help you troubleshoot.
- Some experience with Enterprise-grade SAML configuration and/or troubleshooting.
- A broad creative or technical curiosity.
- The ability to communicate clearly and positively through written and spoken English.
- Experience working independently on tickets as well as related projects and initiatives.
- Some knowledge of Trello, but genuine interest in learning more about it.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.