The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Building on the rapid success and adoption of MongoDB, we are delivering applications and services that make it much easier to manage and scale database deployments. These next-generation systems are a growing list but currently include products such as Atlas, Cloud Manager and Compass.
We need an experienced team lead who is able to mentor, train, and coach a diverse crew across the North America region and work closely with colleagues in New York, Toronto, Austin and remotely. You will be expected to ensure caseload is addressed accurately, quickly, and professionally while maintaining focus on customers’ success. You will also collaborate with Customer Success Management, Solutions Architects, and other internal stakeholders on high profile customers as we migrate and support business-critical applications.
If you’re passionate about the opportunity to
- Work with cloud applications whilst learning about the cutting-edge in database technology
- Manage a fast growing team of engineers focused on troubleshooting production systems
- Champion customer’s needs and contribute to the evolution of our SaaS products
This could be the job for you.Cool things you’ll do
As a Team Lead for our Cloud Support team in NA, you will
- Drive customer success by guiding the team to solve fascinating technical problems, all the way from design through to production operations. This includes managing their team’s workflow, assisting on hands-on customer issues, and managing both internal and external escalations
- Hands on management of a fast growing, distributed team, with team members across the US. This includes tasks such as hiring, training, mentoring, meetings, and performance evaluations
- Contribute to internal technical projects, which can include software development, benchmarking, building documentation and training guides, and providing oversight on other engineers’ project work
- Represent MongoDB and Technical Services at meetups and conferences with the community of developers and leaders
- Ensure we are investing the right resources, addressing the right problems, and scaling the organization properly to fuel our hyper-growth. This means you’ll also be expected to drive monthly and quarterly pain and bug reports to Engineering, improve operational workflows with internal teams at MongoDB, coordinate regional trainings, summits, and conferences, as well as focus on how we address market demand for our product and services more broadly
- Management skills, with hands-on experience running small to mid sized teams in a rapid-growth environment
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine desire to help others
- Strong background in one or more of the following (ideally with some experience in the rest)
- Software development/design
- Systems Administration, Linux preferred
- Database administration
- Performance tuning and benchmarking
- Technical Support
- Configuration and usage of common cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Networking knowledge, including firewalls and load balancers
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to think on your feet, remain calm under pressure, and find solutions to challenges in real-time
- Strong diagnostic/troubleshooting process, with significant experience troubleshooting end-to-end technical issues in production environments
- Experience managing large-scale databases (RDBMS or NoSQL or both)
- Experience using or managing MongoDB
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.