Collections Specialist at Whole Foods Market
- Responsible for partnering with Merchandising and Accounting teams to identify suppliers with past due invoices.
- Perform collection activities via email requesting payment.
- Work with Accounting and Merchandising teams to resolve any questions related to aged invoices or bad debt.
- Represent WFM to internal and external partners as it pertains to job functions.
- Be a resource to suppliers in understanding billing processes and answering any questions that may arise.
- Work with team to determine next steps and course of action if suppliers do not provide payment after collection attempts are made.
- Work with team to determine what activities are scheduled for the future and provide information to necessary leadership partners.
- Track supplier promotions agreements and submit contract modification requests to our legal team for review.
- Complete and monitor updates to supplier billing profiles.
- Complete any supplier paperwork needed for payment processing.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software at an advanced level.
- Strong communication skills and acute attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain professional decorum when working with business partners and supplier community.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in both one-on-one situations and group meetings.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Desire and ability to learn new applications and processes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma and 1-2 years’ relevant experience. Associates degree, technical college or some college course work preferred.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.