Community Manager at Draper Startup House
Draper Startup House is a network of entrepreneurial hostels that aggregates global talent and provides real human connection, inspired business travel and a community of diverse-minded global citizens. Each location will offer short-term accommodations, as well as co-working space, custom programming focused on entrepreneurship, access to venture capital funding, and the ability to submit pitch decks to the Draper Venture Network. Our mission is to enable ONE MILLION entrepreneurs by 2030.
We are looking for a qualified Community manager to join our Austin team. If you are a tech-savvy professional, experienced in social media, PR and promotional events, we would like to meet you. Our ideal candidate has exceptional oral and written communication skills and is able to develop engaging content. You should be a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills and the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our community. Ultimately, you should be able to act as the face and voice of our brand and manage all community communications.
- Run operations and logistics for residential program(s) at Draper Startup House, including but not limited to our entrepreneurship programs and executive education programs.
- Provide assistance, coordination, and leadership in the planning, development, and implementation of program(s).
- Manage day to day activities to effectively accomplish the goals and objectives of the Hostel.
- Carry out some administrative duties to ensure smooth office operations.
- Support and interact with guests and contribute to a fun and exciting experience.
- Set and implement social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies
- Provide engaging text, image and video content for social media accounts
- Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner
- Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews
- Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness
- Coordinate with Marketing, PR and Communications teams to ensure brand consistency
- Liaise with Development and Sales departments to stay updated on new products and features
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals and journalists
- Stay up-to-date with digital technology trends.
- Assist in Check in/Check out for our guests.
- Proven work experience as a community manager
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events)
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Hands on experience with social media management for brands
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications