NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocateMeet AppSumo
AppSumo is the digital marketplace trusted by 1M+ entrepreneurs. We’ve helped launch top B2B tools like Mailchimp, Evernote, Intercom, and Dropbox, just to name a few.
Our slogan is “Work doesn’t have to suck.”
What does that mean? We’re totally against soul-crushing “real jobs.” We love it here because the work actually matters: supporting digital creators and entrepreneurs who want to build lifestyles they’re passionate about. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million digital creators served, we’re on a mission to open the doors of entrepreneurship to everyone.
You in?The opportunity
AppSumo launched its first subscription rewards program, AppSumo Plus, in 2018. Now, with over 10,000 members, we’re looking for a systems minded customer community builder to take the reins strengthening what makes AppSumo Plus great while rapidly growing the Plus customer community. At its core, this job will focus on the growth of the community and management of the entire Plus program. If building strong communities through meaningful conversations is in your blood, you like to use data to drive decision making, and know how to systematize processes to reach objectives, then you’re the person we want to talk to!
This job is focused on the management of AppSumo's subscription rewards program, AppSumo Plus.What you’ll be doing
- Developing & executing marketing initiatives to drive community growth
- Building the AppSumo Plus community into a world class entrepreneur’s community that everyone wants to be a part of.
- Owning the metrics dashboard to track growth and overall health of the Plus program
- Systematizing existing efforts within the Plus program to make them even more effective
- Crafting relationships with program members to research & uncover opportunities and potential threats
- Working cross-departmentally to identify growth opportunities (i.e. marketing, referrals, affiliates, business development, etc)
This is a unique role that requires out-of-the-box thinking that is grounded in data.Must-have skills
- Experience starting/growing online communities
- Experience running loyalty and/or subscription programs
- Building external partner relationships with subject matter experts to develop exclusive content
- Understanding and interpreting SaaS metrics & analytics dashboards (we use ProfitWell & Metabase)
In the first three months of this role, success means taking leadership over the Plus business as well as developing and executing a community growth strategy.Why work here?
At AppSumo, we’re committed to building a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment—the kind of company where work doesn’t suck.
Our culture starts with treating teammates like adults. We hire kickass people. We trust you to get your work done when you have something to do. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. We know your work will speak for itself.
At AppSumo, you get:
Competitive pay, benefits package, and 401(k) matching
100% hybrid work model—work from home or the office
Freedom to have a side hustle (We’ll cheer you on.)
Open vacation (PTO) policy
Take a winter break (Everyone gets two weeks PTO over the holidays.)
Invites to two all-expenses-paid company trips per year to the local Sheraton (Just kidding: We’re talking destinations like Costa Rica.)
$200 per month to treat yourself (Therapy? Yoga? Massages? Tacos? Oh yes.)
Late start/flexible hours
Access to our dog-friendly, snack-packed office (Austin)
Free lunch once a week, a brand new computer, and work that actually makes an impact
Ready to join us?
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.