Computer Science & STEM Teacher at Code Galaxy
Job Title - Computer Science & STEM Teacher
Department - Teaching
Position Type - Contract to Full Time
Who we are?
Launch After School is the nation's fastest growing kids coding after school learning program. In our center, kids ages 8-14 learn to code in a fun, engaging way - by playing and building the games and applications they love. With our model, kids have a blast and can't wait to come back. Parents are thrilled as their children gain confidence while learning coding, math, logic, and problem-solving skills as they progress through each level.
What is the Job?
The primary role of the computer science teacher is to create and teach computer science curriculum for kids. Our ideal teacher will help imagine and build a project-based curriculum, designed for use within our app, imagining activities, creating lesson materials and videos, and contributing to our online and in-person curriculum. In the classroom, our teacher can effectively tailor the instructional strategies to the individual students’ needs and approach instruction with creativity and innovation. Strategies may include but are not limited to direct instruction, one-on-one instruction, seminars, small group learning, self-paced lessons, blended learning and courses, and online learning tools. The teacher will work with the instructional team in meeting the educational objectives and adhering to the established curriculum plan. We are willing to work with creative and motivated candidates who are hesitant about their computer science skills!
What are the requirements?
- Provide instruction to students in the area of elementary computer science and programming concepts.
- Develop and revise a curriculum that includes lesson plans, projects, videos, and assessments
- Assess individual student’s progress and learning needs to build and shape instruction around student needs.
- Implement a clear and consistent classroom management system that aligns to Instructional while developing students’ character and sense of community in the classroom.
- Support all students in achieving academic success and character growth.
- Provide tutorials for students to ensure mastery of material.
Other duties and responsibilities
- Assist marketing team with outreach efforts and community events throughout the year.
- Troubleshoot and quality test our web application.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Mathematics, Education or other related field of study.
- Must have a proven record of results that illustrate the teacher’s ability to increase student achievement utilizing subject-specific instructional strategies.
- Must have some knowledge of the principles and practices of current educational trends in computer science curriculum and instruction.
- Must have working knowledge of computer programs and accessing internet applications such as Student Information Systems, Google Applications (Gmail) including Sheets, Docs, & Slides.
- Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and willing to be a team player.
- Must be adaptable to shifting priorities while maintaining a positive learning environment.
- Must have the ability to embrace change positively and manage their workload independently.
- Must possess the essential mindset that all students can achieve at high levels.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check and complete fingerprinting requirement.
- Master’s Degree in Science, Mathematics, Education or other related field of study.
- Current Texas Teaching Certification in subject specialty.
- 1+ years of experience providing instruction to elementary children.
- Experience writing and developing curriculum for publication.
Compensation and Benefits
- Hourly $15/hr - Part Time
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.